cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filename Issue in SAP SFTP Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I just started using the SAP SFTP adapter. I try to pick up pdf files from an external server with an sftp sender channel and put them to an internal directory using a file receiver. The structure of the file names is as follows:

ABC_12345676890_01.pdf or ABC_12345676890_02.pdf.

When I used ABC*.* as file name schema in the sender channel it picked up the files without any issue.

Now when I tried using ABC*.pdf it wouldn't pick up any files, at all. I can work the way shown above but I would like to understand why it doesn't work this way, too.

Now I want to get only the files with _01 at the end and leave the files with _02 on the server. How can I do this? I tried everything and watched many SFTP configuration blogs and scn discussions but I wasn't able to find a way to do this.

Usually in a file sender adapter I would say ABC_*_01.pdf and I'd be done. Now why is it not possible in the sftp sender channel?

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Oliver.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the above links, it may help you, it displays the file naming patterns and how to test it too.

Regards,

Saiyog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saiyog,

the first one I'd already red and the second one isn't applicable in my situation.

But I found out how to handle it by narrowing it down in several tests.

Thank you anyway.

Best regards.

Oliver

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for SFTP you have to use regular expression. i am not an expert in regular expression.

but you can try ABC_.*_02.pdf

you can check the pattern Regex Tester

Answers (0)