cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect GL account when posting goods receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to determine how to post to the correct GL when I MIGO a PO with no account assignment category

Below is the accounting document generated from MIGO – I’m not sure why some of the amount is going to 261000, it should all go to 112060

However, something changed in the system between this test and the current test that follows, I am trying to determine what changed so I can fix it

When I replicate these steps, I cannot MIGO because a different GL is triggered upon goods receipt and the system needs a CO object to allow this posting

Step 1 – create PO with BLANK acct assn cat

Step 2 – MIGO

ERROR

Does anyone know why this new GL is posted to when I MIGO?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator message

I think your screenshot is now distracting from your real issue and the initial question.

If this discussion continues about this new screenshot then I will lock it because this KI235 error message was discussed already some hundred times.

Just to wrap this up again, you want know why the account 261000 was hit.

You testing failed for a different reason.

This in general tells me already that the customizing got changed between the original posting and today, so you should logon to your development client and see what the change log says.

Now the folks can focus to on the initial issue, the new issue with your testing was already discussed up to exhaustion

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one question here and two accounts - one account is providing the error. I want to know why the 261000 and 601900 accounts are hit by this posting - the later account is what's providing the error.

I know what this error means and how to fix it, the issue is that the P&L account providing the error should not be part of this transaction, nor should 261000. Only the inventory balance sheet account 112060 should.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now changed settings back to the original screenshot, the error is no longer triggering. So yes, now the only issue is why is 261000 being triggered when I MIGO a PO with blank acct assn cat rather than the GL assigned to both the valuation class for material and BSX transaction.

I deleted the GL in PRD from OBYC, but the system requires me to maintain PRD in order to MIGO even when there is no price difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to your initial screenshot, PO has price condition PR00 = 777 USD per 1 EA

Material is has price control = S with standard price = 18 & stock = 0.

Therefore, GR of quantity 10 should have the following posting.

BSX = 18*10 = 180 +

WRX = 777*10 = 7770 -

PRD = 7770-180  = 7590 +

This PRD posting is as expected on account of the price difference between the PO and the Material Master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create a PO, shouldn't the standard price populate on the line item? Why is the system defaulting condition type PB00 for $777 when the standard price is $18?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator message: I am going to lock this discussion now as this is just basic knowledge. And it is well explained in help.sap.com what a standard price is and how valuation postings are made.

the standard price is the price to which you valuate your stock,

the price in the PO is the price to which you buy your materials.

Ideally it should be close to one other.

But you may have some reasons why you or somebody else entered 18$ as standard price while you have to pay 777 $ to your vendor. Check the change history and talk to the two parties who deal with prices (accounting and purchasing)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member183468
Participant

Hi,

Go to SE16 Tcode and Enter Table "T030".

Here enter G/L account 261000 then execute. now you can find Transaction Keys for this G/L account.

Now try analysis why this g/l account is triggering.

Regards,

B V

Former Member
0 Kudos

261000 is only used in PRD (price differences) - so the question is, when I make a PO with acct assn blank and MIGO same qty/value, why is there a price difference rather than a posting to the GL specified in valuation class on accounting 1 view of material master?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Material or PRD GL comes during MIGO based on your price indicator in material master.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What are the settings maintained in OKB9.

Hope OKB9 will will help you.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BS account we are trying to post to is not maintained in OKB9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Please go through the following link to have a better understanding of how G/L Accounts are triggered.

Account Determination - Why was this account determined?

Kindly revert if you need have any more questions.

Br,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran a trace and confirmed BSX, PRD, WRX and valuation class 7900

I went to the referenced code in SE37 and it appears to be the same as referenced in the article

hassan_malik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OBYC, and find out whether the GL is assigned to the account key.

Check SPRO-->IMG-->Materialmanagement-->Valuation and account assignmnet-->Account determination-->Account determination with out wizard-->Define accounting grouping for moment types

Here check out whether the account have been defined for the movement type for which you are using in GRN.

Thanks,

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OBYC, correct GL is assigned to BSX

In the menu path you suggested, movement type 101 is defined - what should I check to make sure it is defined properly?

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check SPRO-->IMG-->Materialmanagement-->Valuation and account assignmnet-->Account determination-->Account determination with out wizard-->Define accounting grouping for moment types.

Here we are having "value strings", this value strings determines the G/L account at the time of GRN posting for all moment types.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I follow this menu path, I see entries for account assigned purchase order, does this apply to POs with a blank acct assn category?

0 Kudos

hi Joe P

point 1. refer transaction event key and go to OBYC transaction refer gl accounts assigned for account key

point 2. refer tax code assigned to PO and go to OB40 transaction refer gl accounts assigned for account key

hope with this you come to know why GL appering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked my accounts in OBYC, for some reason I had to add an entry to PRD in order to post even though there should be no price difference. There was no tax on the PO, and no account assigned to the appropriate transaction in OB40.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems some screen shots are missing. What is the transaction key involve in this accounting entry ?

Check is there any difference with PO price and material price in material master ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, there was a screenshot missing - here it is (MIGO error)

Transaction key is BSX

There is no price difference

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post transaction key for all line items.

If it is BSX and WRX and PRD, then post screen shot of material's accounting 1 view.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check G/L master ,hope it is P&L account.Check your settings for default account assignment of costing object using transaction.

Kindly check transaction OKB9 for default assignment of cost center.Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Could you please check the field status group (Under Create/bank/interest tab) of the account  in FS00 by entering the G/L# 601900 and the right Company Code#.

It could be that the Field Status Group that has been assigned to the G/L which has this problem is having the CO assignment mandatory.

Please check with your FI colleagues who might help you in changing this entry to "Optional" or choosing a different Field Status Group for the same G/L.

Refer to the following thread for more info:

Br,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, they are BSX, WRX, and PRD

Here is the accounting 1 view

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GL account we are trying to post to is a balance sheet account rather than a P&L, in OKB9 we only have P&L accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OBC4 it appears that the field status group assigned to this GL already has cost object as optional

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a system design for accounting entry of price control S.. Please search in SCN or service market place. You will find many threads regarding the same logic.