cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Windows AD authentication for SAP Lumira Desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have deployed Lumira Server for BI Enterprise and wanted to have users use Lumira Desktop and publish the story board in BI Launch pad.

For end user to publish to BI Launch pad we want them to use their AD authentication (this is how they log in to BI Launch pad).

Does anyone know what needs to be configured to enable Win AD authentication for Lumira Desktop.

Thanks,

Rajan

Lumira Desktop 1.25

BO Enterprise - 4.1 SP5 P5

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan

Please see the SAP Lumira Installations Guide, Section 4.1, page 8; Configuring single sign-on with Windows Active Directory.

Also, please see:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63545

This is also in reference to your incident 458354.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (@CRnAnalytics) (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place: https://ideas.sap.com/SAPLumira/boards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajan - Were you able to configure the Lumira Desktop for AD Login???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still having trouble setting up connection to the BI platform on Lumira 1.27 using AD authentication.

Any help/suggestions on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Meera

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Meera - More details around the issue and an error screenshot would help

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the error i see when i try to log into SAP BI platform . we are on 4.1 SP3. Lumira 1.27 version.

I gave the CMS system name with the port and tried my user id and AD authentication.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

thanks

Meera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried Enterprise login to BI. Is that successful???

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 ways of connecting : I actually downloaded the Business ware house Plugin to connect to Local Bw system , there is another option to connect to the Bi platform - on that place I am able to connect to BI platform using enterprise and AD doesn't work,.

Over on the connections part where we have to give to give the CMS name and port number and username and password - both enterprise and AD doesn't work.

hope I answered your question.

vani_valasangad
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Meera,

To publish a lumira document to BI Platform with Windows AD user:

Publishing lumira document from desktop to LS4BIP uses Restful web services. A restful web service is hosted on WACS. So we need to configure WACS and Lumira Desktop to work with Windows AD Domain Controller. Please follow the blog:

Publish Method:

1) Lumira Desktop -> File -> Save as-> SAP BI Platform

2) Provide Logon credentials and select Authentication Windows AD from drop down.

http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2015/06/03/configuring-lumira-desktop-for-bip-to-publish-as...

Note:  If Lumira desktop is not installed in Windows AD Domain machine, then please do the host entries of Domain Controller in the Lumira Desktop installed machine.

Regards,

VAni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

To enable Windows AD authentication in lumira desktop ,

1.Please copy the Kerberos and login files (C:\WINNT) where the Lumira Desktop is installed

2.Maintain the below entries in the SAPLumira.ini  file ( path C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira

\Desktop\SAPLumira.ini).

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\WINNT\bscLogin.conf
-Djava.security.krb5.conf=C:\WINNT\krb5.ini                                                                     
3.Restart Desktop.

Also for the publish to work from Lumira Desktop with WINAD configuration, please refer to our SAP Lumira, server for BI Platform Administrator Guide in the section "4.3 Configuring Windows AD."

Regards,
Preethi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

I followed your steps but i still can't connect to our MS SQL Server with SAP Lumira Desktop (1.28.2).

I keep gettng SQLServerExceptions (with and without using "integratedsecurity=true"). Do you have any more hints?

Best regards,

Tobi

former_member184468
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan.   The "save as" workflow to BI Platform does not yet support kerberos (AD) SSO.   It is something that should show up in future releases.