cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Information Steward Connection Failed (COR-10567)(ADM-10012) recurrent issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I’m new to this; I’ve recently installed SAP BusinessObject Information Steward 4.2 SP2 over SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform  4.1 SP3 & BODS 4.2 SP2 (on Windows Server 2008 R2)

Installation, setup and connections worked fine as per the installation guide.

After that we added a table to the project in order to start developing:

After some days we tried to add another table from the same connection all of this related to the same Project mentioned above but it got stuck into a loop ‘til it raised the following issue:

When validated the connection from the CMC it started to retrieve the following warning:

Test connection returned unknown status. Unexpected case empty string result. (COR-10567) (ADM-10012):

The user with which the connection was created is SYSADMIN type; we tried to connect through JDBC and ODBC with the ODBC manager; test results successfully:

Test connection returned unknown status. Unexpected case empty string result. (COR-10567) (ADM-10012)

In consequence we uninstalled and re-installed again from scratch the IS hence losing the previous development; once done it worked for some days but after those days it started to crash again the same way whenever we wanted to add new tables; of course, the connection started to raise the error messages again when tested.

Have you experienced something like this? Is there a way out you could recommend/advice?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

Bernardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernardo,

We had the same problem - I raised an Incident with SAP and got the following response:

The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01734576.

The issue may potentially be resolved by disabling SSL for the Metadata Browsing and View Data services for Data Services by doing the following:

Select Applications | Data Services Application

Change the option 'Enable SSL communication for Metadata Browsing and View Data Services' to No

In CMC go to Servers

Restart the EIMAdaptiveProcessingServer

This issue is scheduled to be addressed in a future Fix Pack or Service Pack.

This fix worked for us - hope it works for you too!

Regards,

Ian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per SAP recommendation we uninstalled IS, then upgraded to SP5 and reconfigured it. No issues were experienced since then.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Bernardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any clues, comments, guidance? I'm still waiting for your inputs.

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Bernardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

no clue, create a ticket to SAP they might be able to help.

can you please check if  there are any errors or warnings in the installation logs of BI, DS, IS?