Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are basic requirements to learn SAP FI-CO/ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a MBA graduate. thru campus got placed in a company where i am working in investment banking domain.

I am interested in learning SAP - FI-CO/ ABAP.

Could someone please suggest me right domain to join in.

basically i am a B.Sc(comp) graduate student and i did my MBA Finance&Computers.

I am not good at core finance level and also in programming level as c, c++ ...

I wants to know what will be my career if i learn FICO/ ABAP?

Please assist me in this.

Thanks in advance,

jothi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

I am happy to know that you are thinking about switching your career to SAP. And there is no doubt you can learn any particular module of your choice and it depends on the academics as well as exposure.

If we go by your primary qualification then SAP ABAP would be good for you as you have said that you are interested and have good inclinination for coding.

If we go by your MBA Finance education then learning SAP FICO should be good however I would say learning SAP FI would be good not CO. Once you have learnt SAP FI and your comforrable level is good then you can think about learning CO. As CO is purely related to Management Accounting and not just Financial Accounting. You need to deal with Product Costing and Profitability Analysis which is not easy for you being a new entrant though you may learn Cost Center Accounting, Cost Element Accounting and Internal Order Module.

You have not mentioned how many years are you working however If we go by your experience of investment banking then probably learning SAP Treasury & Risk Management would be an advantage for you.

In a snapshot,

SAP Treasury and Risk Management is an integrated solution, in which the various components are closely linked. The financial transactions managed in the Transaction Manager can be evaluated and monitored using the analyzer components. In addition to the TRM analyzer components Market Risk
Analyzer , Portfolio Analyzer, and Credit Risk Analyzer , the Transaction Manager is also linked to SAP Cash Management.

Let me know in case you need any other clarification.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Does TRM is related to Investment banking Domain?

Thanks,

Jothi

0 Kudos

No, it is not linked to the investment banking domain.