cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LeadTools development in PB classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use LeadTools (Version 19.0) in Powerbuilder Classic.

Older version of LeadTools were giving ActivX controls which were easily usable in PowerBuilder but now LeadTools provides only .Net and C++ .dll class objects.

We want to use these Dll to and its components to generate GUI view of LeadTools in Powerbuilder.

.Net directly give facility to add reference of .dll files and use all the components of the the dll.

Can anyone help me on how to use these .dll files in  Powerbuilder Classic?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used this article from Bruce to wrap the .NET Chart Controls in a COM wrapper and use them as ActiveX controls in Powerbuilder. So it's worth a look.

http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/1076828

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh;

My Canadian government clients use either ImageGear or SnowBound for their PB Classic imaging needs.

ImageGear:   ImageGear Professional | Imaging Component | 64-bit, 32-bit | PDF/A, PS, CAD, Vector, TIFF

SnowBound:  RasterMaster® — The Smarter Viewing and Conversion SDK | Snowbound Software

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris..

I will check on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do use ImagXpress from Accusoft...

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI: ImagXpress is actually ImageGear from Accusoft.  

image optimization Archives - Accusoft

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Chris. There are two products... The ImageGear and ImagXpress. Yes Pegasus and Accusoft merged some years ago. Actually when we was investigating which library to use we tested LeadTools, ImageGear and ImagXpress... We choose the last one, as we found it more productive with PB and in a reasonable cost.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Is this that you looking for ? Powerbuilder World: Using .NET object in Powerbuilder

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, LeadTools doesn't provides Interopt (.dll).

We cannot directly register them into system and can't use them using "Insert control" option in Power Builder.