cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personas for IW38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use Personas for tcode IW38. I want to be able to set the screen variants for the logged in user and skip the first screen of IW38 so that they go right into the results based on the button they select.

I tried recording scripts based on variant selected but then the variant rows will change if a new variant is added or a variant is deleted.
Any Ideas to do this in Personas 2.0?

Thanks,

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the same thing but did not find a better way to do varaint selection. However, I had a workaround for it:

Instead of making a variant list, make your GUI in a special "Layout" which can be easily selected by script. It worked fine for my case.

Does this help?

Dong Zhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Dong. I was trying on idea given by Tamas and was struggling because we have more than 200 variants atleast to start with. Even if I filter down these variants user wise.

What do you mean by make my GUI in a special layout. Can you put the snap shot of your layout? That will give me an idea to work on the alternative as well which you are suggesting.

Thank you,

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

In our case the "variant" is used to present special screen layout. Our workarounnd is to have a SAP backend guy to modify the GUI and create a new value for the field of "Layout". When I want to land to the special GUI, instead of selecting the variant from the list, I can simply fill special value into the field of "Layout". But if you have a lot of variants, this may not be proper for your case.

Br,

Dong

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think you may have misunderstood the SA38 way I mentioned... if that authorization is present and you know the exact name of the variant you need, it is very easy to script running the main program for IW38 with this variant:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas. I got what you meant. I did go into SA38 and check the programming required and then I also checked with the security team. As part of audit, the SA38 access is not given to users. This took me back to square one. I will need to come up with other alternatives.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, if your users have authorization to transaction SA38, then you could script running the program RIAUFK20 (which is the same as IW38) and specify the variant name using the 'Execute with variant' function. That way, you don't need to deal with the changing variant list.