cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of Item Category T (Text Item)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the Purpose of item category T in the MO Component Tab?

Can we use this to track external service. the material that vendor changed for us?

Thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pardha,

Good Day. i have a scenario. my equipment is still under warranty. so the vendor will change the spare part free of charge. if we want to track what has been replaced. can i use Text item? or what's the standard way of tracking changed part from warranty.

Thanks

Regards

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes you can do it by assigning to maintenance order.

Regards,

Pardhu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The main purpose of this item category as "T-Text Item" is for BOM purpose.When you use your items in BOM with this category SAP system stores those texts in a text file using the long text processing function.

I hope system will not raise any P.Rs also for this through maintenance order.If you want to procure materials with out material master you can use short text and assign category as N-Nonstoc item.

Here system generates P.R.

For item category -T if you try to assign the purchase parameters, system will not allow you and populates message as Item is not anon-stock item.

Regards,

Pardhu

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You can use Item category T to create PO without Material Master.

As per your request, this item category can be used for external materials, thus it does not require account assignment.

Regards

Terence