cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old PDF archived are not retrived

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have archived some scanned PDF and attached to concern's persons id in 4.6c. After that we have upgraded 4.6c to 6.0 and now we try to retrieve through persons ID but system appear " cannot be read PDF". Please hint me in this regards.

Thanks

Regards,

Arshad Mehmood

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Arshad,

if my comments were helpful or correct please mark them as. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Janos

I extremely sory for delay, i have created test environment and run report " OAFAMIG " with new HTTP repository. But after long time all the files appear with "CAN'T OPEN"  Comments.

So it is decided to make a program through which we will assign that PDF to corresponding persons's numbers. its more then 20000 PDF's.

I appreciate your efforts to resolve that issue.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Arshad Mehmood

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

how have you stored the PDF files exactly? Are you using GOS, ArchiveLink, or other DMS solution?

What is the exact detailed error message?

Regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Janos

First of all i would like to thank you.

Yes i used ArchiveLink and when we try to open PDF system appears " Repository FI has wronge type 08 operation cannot be performed "

Thanks & Regards,

Arshad

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

okay, then please check the configuration in OAC0 for FI repository. Value 08 for "FILE archive" is not supported in ArchiveLink. Please refer to note 653774 for more info.

You can use HTTP, RFC or SAP System Database type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos

We are not used HTTP, RFC or SAP System Database. We were used ArchiveLink and stored pdf's over the same unix machine and path was directed in OAC0 and in File.

Is there any way to retrieve these PDF's.

Thanks & Regards,

Arshad

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

In OAC0 you can define different type for the content repository. Previously you could have:

• HTTP
  • RFC
  • SAP System Database
  • FILE archive

According to note 653774 starting from Basis Release 6.10 the "FILE archive "type have been eliminated.

Accoring to note 653774 you have to migrate these documents using report OAFAMIG to another content repository defined in OAC0 which is now have one of the supported types:

• HTTP
  • RFC
  • SAP System Database

I hope this now helps you to understand that what you have to do in order to be able to acces those files.

Best regards,

Janos

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

New report delivered in note 838837 - Migration of documents from file archive - Enhancement