Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR Renewal landing page open app inplace - go back button and log off

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We're implementing Employee portal and we're now upgrading to

- SAP NW 7.40 which includes SAP Gateway

- SAP NW Portal 7.40 (which will be optional to use with HR Renewal landing page)

- SAP EHP7

- HR Renewal 2 (FP 2)

We came across with 2 issues on the HR renewal landing page:

1. If we set up on the launchpad to open app in the same window (inplace or force inplace) then the button back does not work: it seems the application opens with an # at the end and you have to click 3 times back to make it works - the application url opens with:

https://hostname:44310/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL?LRF_SKIP_OVERVIEW_PAGE=X&sap-...

and automaticaly redirects to

https://hostname:44310/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL?LRF_SKIP_OVERVIEW_PAGE=X&sap-...

2. The log off option does not appear on the HR Renewal landing page. Do you know if it is possible to include without embedding it on NWBC HTML? Do you know if Fiori Lauchpad has the log off feature?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

AS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre

Have you know ho to add logoff button .

Regards

Ghadeer

brandy6600066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have the same issue. I agree - without a "Back-button" it isn't user friendly. Weeks ago I opened an OSS Incident regarding "Back-buttons" in HR Renewal - without success. SAP answered me that this is technically not possible.

For me it is not understandable why the new UI5 applications Leave Request, Pay slip, Employee Profile don't have a Back-button.

Also I would expect a more elaborate solution concerning navigation concept from SAP.

Do you have now a custom solution in place (via modification)?

Best regards,

Gregor Brandstätter

Former Member
0 Kudos

change the browser and check

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

fiori launchpad does have log off feature http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53178 in Hr renewal application if you close the session, it ll log you off and destroy the session, this is how its configured. if you remove the # and then press back, does it work?

which browser version you are using ? firfox or chrome? also, you are calling a WDA screen for leave, so you are planning to use the latest one in Ui5 ie fp4 as you are on fp2?

also, The WDA applications can be called from various entry-points (Portal, NWBC, landing page, ...), actually even standalone (not supported), therefore a back button is unfortunately not possible. Also, it cannot be "integrated" like the UI5 chips and expansion of the same. I would rather suggest to adjust the launchpad settings in order for the application to open up in a new (pop-up?) window, which would make the "back" button unnecessary

When the end user logs on to portal, what you see as 'Search', 'Work feed', 'My Info' ... are called chips and when you click the button EXPAND (right corner of the chip) then it would launch these chip in expanded mode with more info and mainly in the same window - Hence BACK button is provided to navigate back to initial screen. Where as 'Leave Request', 'salary Statment', 'Employee profile' and 'Org Chart' in side the chip: ' My Info' are stand alone applications (not chips) designed to launch in new window when end user clicks . Since it's launching in new window there is no need for 'BACK' button. - if you have one also the framework does not know to where to navigate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Thanks for your feedback.

The behaviour is the same when using IE or Firefox;

If I remove the # the URL automatically redirects to :

That's why the "go to back button will never work unless I click back and select the page I want to access (in this case it would be the HR Renewal landing page).

Actually I would be very disappointed if this "go to back" option cannot be solved since this is not user-friendly and common sense. Users will get lost with so many open windows (they often forgot to close when they're done with the process). It would rather be much more intuitive if the app opened in the same window and they could go back using "go back" option. I think this is working when using SAP Fiori lauchpad.

I also tried to embed HR renewal landing page in NWBC for HTML and the "go to back" option has exactly the same behaviour. Do you know if this can be changed?

Do you have any idea how to solve this # issue?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
AS

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ufortunately, for WDA inplace would be difficult, as i explained above. there is no development to include a back button on this, we ask to use SAPUI5 applications also please advise what option you have used for parameter forwarding, changing it has any effect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Do you have any finalized idea about this topic?

(lpd_cust -> Portal Parameters -> Navigation Mode -> In-place) choice is not effect the portal window about Hr Renewal !!

What is the new method? or What is the solution?

If there is no way to do this, have you ever heard SAP's official declaration, any OSS note or so on about this ?

Thank You Very Much

@AndreSouza

@GregorBrandstatter

Best Regards

MEG

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet!

We never solved this. Actually we ended up with using the business client ( html version )

there is a bit of overhead - but we had to make sure that the users could logoff - and nwbc seemed to be the only choice ( compared to using the portal  as a framework ).

I guess that the suite page builder is not the "future" - ie. i personally think that the future will give us a more configurable Fiori Launchpad - and that with the new overview pages - ESS / MSS scenarios can be re-created . using FLP. ( but thats just my theory ).

br Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

Thank u very much for ur turn.

I am aware of HTML based solution, but I wanted to be sure that is the right way to do this.

Yes it is overhead, but I am sure now, after your answer and I have to do this unfortunately

Thank You Very Much Again

Best Regards,

MEG

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes FLP is the future. Ronni is right, I would recommend you to explore that as well

“There are pros and cons for not using NWBC or portal:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3810344

The customer can add custom logoff button, with minimal code change

Here is the solution if you use standalone SPB:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/front-end/blog/2014/04/20/logofflogout-function-for-a-...