Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Dump in ABSO

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP Experts,

I need one help from you as I am stuck in performing transaction in Asset accounting. When I try to run ABSO and ABZON its giving me dump. I check the dump log in ST22 its says "Call function not found". I contacted the ABAP team they gave me the below suggestion stating that one of the fild has been set as mandatory due to which the user is not able to post the document. I am pasting the comments given by the ABAP team..I have also attached the screen shot of the same.

User ID (310033652) is getting ABAP dump while executing transaction code ABSO and ABZON in CEP 402 kernel

because When calling the function module "J_3RF_DEPRECIATION_BP", one of the parameters needed according to the interface description was not specified in the ABAP/4 program "SAPLXAFA " .

This parameter was "IRT_ANEA" is mandatory. 

Please someone help me as I am in the learing process. What can be suggested to the user so resolve this issue as he is unable to post the document using ABSO and ABZON. Please also suggest me if anything changes needs to be done for the same so that I can guide the user accordinlgy.

Helpful comments will be rewarded.

Regards:

JKHAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JKahn

The function group XAFA contains only user exits. This means that the code in which the dump occurs is user specific.

There is a default implementation of a user exit delivered with note 1618362 that calls the function module J_3RF_DEPRECIATION_BP. But the version delivered in the note provides the mandatory parameter IRT_ANEA. So it will not cause such a dump.

Either the implementation of the user exit is not the same as recommended in the note. Or function J_3RF_DEPRECIATION_BP is called from totally customer specific coding.

The reply of your ABAP team wasn't really helpful. They need to tell you whether the coding that calls function J_3RF_DEPRECIATION_BP is customer specific or delivered by SAP. If it's customer specific your developers have to adjust it so that IRT_ANEA is provided as expected. If it happens in a default implementation of a user exit that was provided by SAP, then you might have to create a customer message on component XX-CSC-RU-FI.

Regards, Michael

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply however, I would like to know since I am processing a standard t code ABSO and ABZON in sap 4.6 version for asset accounting. SO my question is why I am getting the dump while executing the t code ABSO and ABZON.

I have attached the document for your reference, Can you pleas suggest me any workaround so that I can post the document.

Regards:

Jamshed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamshed,

User Exits are a way to integrate customer specific coding into standard posting process. The user exists from function group XAFA are performed during asset postings. So it consequently affects ABSO and ABZON postings. You will get the same dump also when posting asset acquisitions with other transactions, like FB01 or AB01. But the reason is not the standard transaction but the coding performed during the user exit in SAPLXAFA.

Regards, Michael

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your useful comments.

I have noticed few thing for which I need clarity. I found that in the Asser master the Depreciation key assigned in asset master is for (Group tax) however, for the rest of the asset for the same company the depreciation key is normal cost accounting deprecitaion key. Can this be a reason why I am getting ABAP dump while posting ABSO and ABZON transaction.

When I checked the path determine depreciation key with asset class I noticed that the depreciation key is normal which is cost accounting dep key.

I would like to know if this could be reason for the arror as I have never gone through such scenario wherein diferent depreciation key is assgined

I have also attached screen shot for the same.

Can someone please comments on this for better understanding.

Regards:

Jamshed

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jameshed,

The asset master does not have the dep.area "01". This might be reason for through dump message. If you have maintained the dep.area correctly in the asset, then share screen shot of the process, what exactly user is trying to do in the t.codes.

Regards,

Mukthar

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Your are correct, I more thing is in the base method the depreciation method is defined as customer specific so I belive this is the only reason why I am not able to post further ransaction for this asset.

I have suggested the user to make changes in the that area to post further entry.

It may also be possible that the depreciation area has been assigned in the asset master incorrectly.

Thanks a lot to all the participants for your useful comments.

Regards:

Jamshed

Answers (0)