cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Maintenance strategy

0 Kudos

I have strategy created for a plan as 1 month ,Quaterly,halfyearly, Yearly with hierarchy 1,2,3,4  for Strategy PM-Mech

if I create a plan using this Strategy plan for Eqp 1 the operation has to be skipped based on hierarchy level

and I create another plan with same strategy it should not take hierarchy level

how can I get the solution for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

What I could understand from point 2 is that you need to perform all the operations in the task list.

The best way this could be achieved is that you create a another task list (may be same group with counter 2). Assign all the packages to every operations in the task list. You can use the same strategy.

This way, the order would generate based on the defined strategy but will include all the operations.

Regards

Ravishankar

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

if I create a plan using this Strategy plan for Eqp 1 the operation has to be skipped based on hierarchy level

and I create another plan with same strategy it should not take hierarchy level

It is possible to  have following combination with strategies & Packages

1.Packages without Hierarchy (All packages will have same Hierarchy; example H1,H1, H1, H1)

2.Packages with Hierarchy (All packages will have different hierarchy; example H1, H2, H3, H4)

3.Packages with and without Hierarchy (Few are having same hierarchy and remaining will have different -different hierarchy, example H1, H2, H1, H3) - This one will solve your problem.

for your 1 st condition put some hierarchy to skip operation based on higher Hierarchy.

2 nd Condition use same hierarchy for operation which need to be included and higher hierarchies for operations which need to be skipped.

both can be in same strategy.

Rgds

Sunil

0 Kudos

But it will be applicable first equipment as well right, I want to use the same strategy

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Operations as per your strategy will flow from task list "Maintenance package". So you can only create plans with strategy, if the task list is also have same strategy.

In your case, you do not want to select hierarchy for second plan, go for single cycle plan with onother task list.

Regards,

pardhu

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Pardhu, Sandeep,

I believe you can use the same Task List for both Maintenance Plans.

If you create a strategy-based task list and assign hierarchical packages, you can assign the task list to both a Single-Cycle Plan & a Strategy-based Plan. In this case, there is a one-monthly single-cycle.

You will see that the latter only generates Orders with Operations corresponding to the highest applicable Hierarchy Package. But the former includes all the Operations from this task list every time - even ones without any package.

See the packed screenie below:

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thank you Sebastian.But in his case he wants,no hierarchy for new plan.So i think its better to use single cycle plan.

Regards,

pardhu

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Pardhu,

You're absolutely right, I think this depends on how the requirement is read:

One Strategy, one Strategy-based plan and one Single-cycle plan with same task list is suitable if for the non-hierarchy plan Orders, all operations are to be called.

-or-

Two Strategies (with and without hierarchy), with two distinct Strategy-based plans and two distinct Task Lists will be needed if the non-hierarchy plan Orders should have only some of the operations, according to packages.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can have operations with selected packages rite.

Source SAP help

If two packages with the same hierarchy are due at the same time, then both packages are performed.

If the two packages have different hierarchies, only the package with the higher hierarchy is performed

Regards

Terence