cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 DCP - Deski reports refresh issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have migrated/upgraded our BO XI R2 platform into BI 4.1 SP5.

Our BO users having Deski reports stored their local PCs - reports build on universes from repository. No local DB connections used.

So, we have installed below clients with DCP in all User PCs.

1. BO 3.1 SP7 client (with DCP)

2. BI 4.1 SP5 client

And generated extranet file from BI Launch Pad and copied to Business Objects folder. When users connecting to BI 4.1 server in 3.1 Desktop Intelligence tool (3-tier mode) and refreshing their deski reports, they are getting below error.

"Connection or SQL Sentence Error (DA0005)

Exception: CS, DBDriver failed to load C:\Program Files\SAP Business Objects\....... \lib32\dbd_oci.dll (The specified module could not be found)" error.

Appreciate your response on this issue.

Thanks

regards,

Syed Basheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

We 're hitting on the same issue in our environment. Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

ilias

0 Kudos

Hi Ilias,

Hope you have found the solution for the issue as I am seeing this thread now only.

For the purpose of others, the solution is given below.

We have resolved the issue by doing post-installation configuration correctly. (after BI client tools installation)

After Installation of BI 4.1 client tools, we have to generate intranet file from BI Launch Pad and place it under BO 3.1 Deski folder.

Steps for Generating Extranet file for Deski Reports:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Go to BI 4.1 Launch Pad using below URL and login with your user credentials.

2. Click on “Preferences” button on the top..

3. In the new window, select “Web Intelligence” and do the following

(a) and then “Desktop (Rich Client, Windows only...)”

(b) and click on “Save & Close” (3) button as highlighted in below screenshot.

4. Click on “Applications” option on the top menu bar. And click “Web Intelligence” application. It will

open the Web Intelligence Rich Client.

5. “Exit” from Web Intelligence Rich client application. Extranet file for the new BO server will be created under “C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My SAP BusinessObjects Documents\LocData” folder.

6. Copy that extranet file and place it under

“C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData” folder

and

“C:\Users\<<Windows User>>\Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData” folder

Then Open Deski 3.1 client and refresh your report. Report should refresh correctly.

Hope this help.

regards,

Syed Basheer

SAP BI Consultant

Doha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilias,

Hope you have found the solution for the issue as I am seeing this thread now only.

For the purpose of others, the solution is given below.

We have resolved the issue by doing post-installation configuration correctly. (after BI client tools installation)

After Installation of BI 4.1 client tools, we have to generate intranet file from BI Launch Pad and place it under BO 3.1 Deski folder.

Steps for Generating Extranet file for Deski Reports:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Go to BI 4.1 Launch Pad using below URL and login with your user credentials.

2. Click on “Preferences” button on the top..

3. In the new window, select “Web Intelligence” and do the following

(a) and then “Desktop (Rich Client, Windows only...)”

(b) and click on “Save & Close” (3) button as highlighted in below screenshot.

4. Click on “Applications” option on the top menu bar. And click “Web Intelligence” application. It will

open the Web Intelligence Rich Client.

5. “Exit” from Web Intelligence Rich client application. Extranet file for the new BO server will be created under “C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My SAP BusinessObjects Documents\LocData” folder.

6. Copy that extranet file and place it under

“C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData” folder

and

“C:\Users\<<Windows User>>\Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData” folder

Then Open Deski 3.1 client and refresh your report. Report should refresh correctly.

Hope this help.

regards,

Syed Basheer

SAP BI Consultant

Doha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed reply Syed!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Syed,

This problem should be related to installation issue.

Please re-install client tools then check the behaviour again.

For more details, please check the following KBA:

1939383 - DCP:  Configure Desktop Intelligence Compatibility Pack (DCP) in Business Intelligence
4.1 to create, refresh and schedule DeskI reports in BI 4.1

Kind regards,

Wafa