cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Picture doesn't appear in manager view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears

I have a small problem, the pictures of all employees doesn't appear in manager view of org structure. I don't know why.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, please ensure that you read and follow the rules for posting in this space -

There is a lot of information missing from your original post which means that anyone trying to help you has to make a lot of guesses and reduces your chance of getting a quick and helpful response

Saying that, my guess is that you're referring to the use of a recent version of OrgChart.  Assuming it is ... if you take a look in the Views Worksheet of the Feature Checklist and Field Mapping spreadsheet, you will see that by default the "Org Unit Box - Org Unit Manager No Portrait View" is used (Template - OU_Manager_4L_no_portrait.xsl).  You probably want to switch to using ("Org Unit Box - Org Unit Manager View" (OU_Manager_4L.xsl) in AdminConsole to enable the use of portraits in the view.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen

Thanks alot for your quick reply.

Actually the version that i'm using is Nakisa Org chart V4.1 SP2, and i made a custome view using the template you mentioned and it gives me the same result of the standard manager view (No employee photo).

I just want to mention that the portrait of the picture is shown but as blank with no photo as you can see in the attached file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mostafa,

Did you try as mentioned by Stephen "You probably want to switch to using ("Org Unit Box - Org Unit Manager View" (OU_Manager_4L.xsl) in AdminConsole to enable the use of portraits in the view."

fF you had tried and you are still not seeing the picture, could you please check if the user is having access to read the photo from content server. Some times it could be the reason.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears

Thanks alot for your help, but i found the solution on the following link

Sorry Stephen as i didn't read before sending this question.

But actually i have another problem which is that the employee photo now appears in manager view but still doesn't appear in manager business card  in details panel when i'm selecting any org using.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. In OrgChart, find an org unit that shows an image for the manager.
  2. In AdminConsole enable the RFC trace.
  3. In OrgChart select the org unit to display the details panel.
  4. In AdminConsole disable the RFC trace.
  5. Look at the trace for calls to /NAKISA/OC_OU_DETAIL ... this should be the module used to get the manager business card picture.

See if that gives you any insight.  The OrgUnitDetailDataElement.xml doesn't have the NO_URL parameter so I'm not sure off the top of my head why it wouldn't show you the image unless it is being defaulted outside of the data element or there's something else going on.

Regards,

Stephen..

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you manage to resolve your issue based on the above?

Regards,

Stephen.