cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX_FDT_INPUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the following error while executing a function module created out of a BRFPlus Function

Exception 'CX_FDT_INPUT' wa
call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent
adequately responded to, AB
  to be terminated.

An exception has occurred which is explained in more detail below. The

exception is assigned to class 'CX_FDT_INPUT' and was not caught in proce

"FUNCTION)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING

clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated this

exception, the current program was terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

A BRFplus exception for invalid input occurred

What can be the cause of this error.

The Function Module works fine in Development Environment while gives the above error in Customizing client.

Can you please advise on this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

takle a look at the messages stored as attribute of the exception (i. e. MT_MESSAGE table). The messages stored there should give you hints to find the root cause of the error

Cheers

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for a valuable reply.

Where can I see the table MT_MESSAGE? in SE11?

Also, I am unable to execute any function in the customizing environment which runs properly in the development environment.

The Function module gives the similar dump for evey function module in the customizing environment.

Can you pleas guide me on this?

Thanks in advance

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

reading your questions I get the impression that you are not a developer. If I am right please get a developer to assist you in that task finding the error, as you need to debug the stuff (the exception and the messages are only available at runtime).

First when calling the fucntion you have to put it into a TRY-CATCH block. Within the CATCH block you can then loop over the single messages

Coding might look like:

TRY.

* Call of your function

CATCH cx_fdt_input INTO DATA(lx_fdt_input).

LOOP AT lx_fdt_input->mt_message into data(ls_message).

* Here you have access to the messages

ENDLOOP.

ENDTRY.

Cheers

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

One thing I forgot to mention here is that the same error that I got was resolved using by changing the storage type of the BRFPlus Application to System. But this time around even if the its System , I am getting this exception.

Second thing that comes to my mind for the reason of this error is the TR ownership. But had this been an issue it would have given an error to me when I transported it to Testing Environment 1.

Can you please advise me on this?

Thanks in advance

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

as mentioned before: investigate the error messages attached to the exception.

According to your description I would guess that your transport setup is not ok and you do not transport the client dependent customizing correctly. But again without the detailled error mesages, there is no way to give further hints on the error.

BR

Christian