cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding controls in Category builder in SAP FC

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Financial Consolidation professionals! I have an issue regarding controls in Category builder in SAP FC(FC10, sp10). We created an additional dimension in SAP FC, called DC-“Disclosure” (see picture below):

When we create a control using this “Disclosure” dimension,  the FC system allows me to save this control and to run validation and distribution the category scenario. In the control I use standard dimensions like:

• AC – “Account”
  • FL - “Flow”
  • PA – “Partner”

The only custom dimension is Disclosure.

However, if we run a control set for the package or manual journal entry, the FC system does not run controls with disclosures. The error message does not appear, but the control seems to be was not used in this package or manual journal entry.

The level of the control meets the requirement of control set of package or manual journal entry.

The other controls (when I use standard dimensions) works properly, I mean they allow the package to pass or block it

The second issue I encountered during the creation the control with custom DC “Disclosure” dimension   it is impossible to use filter of  “disclosure” dimension in formula wizard during generating  the control expression

My questions are: does anybody meet such kind of problem with using custom dimension in controls in FC system or does the system allow only standard dimensions  (like account, flow, reporting unit and etc.) to use in the control ? If not, how to solve this issue and use the filter for custom dimension in controls? Thanking you  in advance...   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Daulet

Are you sure the control ran?

Make sure it is not rejected - check the errors/warnings (not just blocking errors) in the validation report of the category

Marc

olga_vasilieva
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daulet,

FC can use custom dimensions in controls.

It's hard to identify the issue like this: please recheck controls' environment and level.

Also check control syntax - use FC Starter Kit for reference.