Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a Crystal Report on Win8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an application developed on VS2012 that connects to CR using this code:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument oReportDocument;

oReportDocument = new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();

oReportDocument.Load(Application.StartupPath + @"\" + szFileName);

oReportDocument.SetDataSource(oDT);

and runs reports, developed in CR 2011 v14.02, in the report viewer. It runs fine on my Win7 dev machine. When I deploy the app to Win8, it throws the following error:

1. System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..cctor()

This is a new Win8 machine and I installed CR 2011 dev edition on it. I'm thinking this is an issue with the wrong runtime. My question is: Which runtime do I need to install in order to make these reports work?

Thanks

Carl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

Moved your post the .NET SDK forum.

10.5 is not supported in VS 2012 nor 8.1, download the updated CR for VS version 13 from this page:

Install the first link to integrate into VS and then one of the other links for redist package.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, Carl, you need the "Install Executable" to get integration into VS.  You MUST uninstall the old SDK before installing the new one - it does not play well when installed side-by-side with older versions.

On the same page, you'll also see several different runtime install options.  These are for installing with your application - do not install a runtime on your development machine.

-Dell

Answers (0)