Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass upload data in SAP CRM

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a system where all customers where already replicated from the existing ECC, I have to mass upload the contact persons and associate them to the respective accounts.

In LSMW I do not see any specific objects for BP in standard batch/direct input and as batch input recording seems inappropriate and etc. it seems that I have to use what seems to me to be recommended in such cases: ELM.

OK, I have made the needed configurations, it is working, but now there are some questions:

- as I use internal ID for the account group associated to contact persons and the number range associated to this account group is not the default one, how can I achieve this goal = creating contacts with ID in the correct number range (changing the number range temporary as the default one is not fair). Is there any way how I can achieve this?

- fields that do not appear for mapping (custom fields or the account that this contact person is create for), become available after adding them to a structure (CRMT_MKTLIST_CP_EXT)? Can I also add the account group to this structure = in this way I could also solve the first problem...

Thank you,

Horatiu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LSMW in CRM uses the XIF addapter as input mechanism (FM, API, BAPI, call it you please ) and within all the standard objects you can load BP and Relationships, but I guess you already figured this out.

- Sorry I dont understand you query, when you load BPs, you can specify the account gruping which has a corresponding number range (?)

- Which interfase are you using to load the information?

Cheers!

Luis

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Luis, for your prompt answer.

Let us confine the discussion to ELM and leave LSMW away for the moment.

Answering to your questions:

- I am using the standard ELM functionality under WebClient

- regarding the account group/number range, I have extended the structure CRMT_MKTLIST_PER_EXT by appending the account group but in vain. As I see it now, in standard CRM, using ELM, I will be able to create BP's as person or organization, with the default account grouping... which is insufficient.

I still want to create contact persons (and those have in our system a different field structure than a person account)... I suspect that ABAP is needed to implement some BADI etc... I do not like that :-). So, what should I do?

Kind regards,

Horatiu

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign the account grouping through ELM, there's already a standard field for that, I use it in my last project, so it shouldn't be a problem there.

My advice here is, if this job will be preformed by functional guys (not end user) I would recommend using LSMW rather than ELM, ELM is cool if you have everything you need there, but if you need to enhance it and this enhancements won't be used for, let's say, the user's daly basis I think the effort doesn't worth it. XIF provides almost all the fields you'll need.

Once you get use to the LSMW and XIF it's quite easy and powerfull, even better if you can mix it with SXDA, you can find some nice blogs about this stuff

Cheers!

Luis

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK Luis, thank you very much for your answer. I will then  take a closer look to what can be achived via LSMW.

Kind regards,

Horatiu

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check this post, at the end I point some usefull links

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Luis, it was really helpful.

Horatiu