cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running DP91,Creating DMR and system is picking ‘Bill to party” from header not from item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are running customer project and Business cycle is: CJ20N/CAT2/CAT7/VA01/DP91/Debit memo request/VF01.

At VA01 we have header level bill to party XXXX(selected)

And Item level Bill to party YYYY(selected)

When we are running DP91 and creating Debit memo request, system is picking ‘Bill to party” from header level.

Business requirement is system should pick always “Bill to party” from line item and while creating Billing  doc “bill to party “also should come from item level , not from header level.

I have check partner function and we have maintained multiple Bill to party and checked copy control as well.

Regards,

D.Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have discussed all the possible options with Business guys and they have decided to do the Enhancement while saving the Debit memo request, system will check Bill to at item level.

Kindly let me know if anyone is aware of BADI or user exit.

Regards,

D.Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Let me rephrase my requirement as per O2C.

Copy Control-VTFA

We are creating service order with multiple line items and then creating billing document.

At VA01 we have header level bill to party AAAA and Item level Bill to party BBBB (changed manually).

Our requirement is system should pick ‘Bill to party” from item level NOT from header level always whenever we creates billing doc.

Checked copy controls “copying requirement” :

Copying requirement at header level:  001- Header/order-related

Copying requirement at item level:  037- Odr-Rel. Itm No DP90

Data VBRK/VBRP:901

Kindly have a look and suggest.

Regards,

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

One clarification needed

Bill to party at Header in Billing document should come from Item of Debit memo request?

can you please clarify a little more

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh.

Yes.In debit memo request we have multiple line items and at header level Bill to is XXXX, at item level Bill To  is YYYY.

Now while careting billing doc system is picking from header level Bill to XXXX but we are just doing partilly billing and Bill To at item level is differnet from header level.

Hence we want system sould pick Bill to from item level as we are only billing  this item (partially billing).

Thanks.

D.Singh

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try changing Item level copy requirements as below

COPY REQUIREMENT------- 002

DATA VBRK/VBRP ------------ 002

try with this settings

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh.

I have checked and discussed your suggestions with business but our problem is that they do not want to change our current setting at item level as it has customized Data VBRK/VBRP 901.

Please let me know if you have any thought.

Regards,

D.Singh

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you are already using custom routine 902, try to incorporate the code to fetch Bill-to party from Item level in the 902

You can check with abaper to find the piece of code in 002 and copy the same to 902

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh.

This looks good idea and let me check with Abaper and update you ASAP.

Regards,

D.Singh