Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to get current BO server name?

former_member182429
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to retrieve the SID of the current BO server that my design studio application is run against.

I tried using xxx.getInfo().system, but this returns the CUID.

My BO administrator has set the CUID for all our BO servers to be one and the same in all systems in the BO landscape (DEV, QA, PROD).

So, is there an alternative to retrieving the SID? I just need some way to identify which server my design studio application has been executed on.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi an alternative is to create a small SDK to get the URL + portnumber from the current session. I assume the different systems have each their own hostname and/or portnumber

the SDK could look like this :

sap.designstudio.sdk.Component.subclass("com.mycompanyname.sdkcomponents.applicationInfo", function() {

var currenthostname = undefined;

var currenturl = undefined;

var that = this;

this.currenthost=function(e){if(e===undefined){return currenthostname;}else{return this;}};

this.URL=function(e){if(e===undefined){return currenturl;}else{return this;}};      

this.init = function() {

currenturl = location.href;

currenthostname = location.hostname;

that.firePropertiesChanged(["currenthost", "URL"]);

};

});

with a standard ZTL script you can retrieve the hostname and deduce the server.

best regards,

Jeroen

former_member182429
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen, thanks for the quick response. I just find it strange that there is the getInfo() API call available, but such a feature to get the server name hasn't been made available yet (I would've thought this would have been requested by someone else already...).

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I think this is certainly a legitimate requirement and it has indeed been requested before: How to get Backend-system-info?

You may wish to consider posting this request in the Design Studio Idea Place.

Regards,

Mustafa.

jeroenvandera
Contributor
0 Kudos

true, probably it will be standard at some point, perhaps with the idea place as Mustafa stated.

Jeroen

Answers (0)