Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default product in service tickets

sumaira_gopalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have made a new transaction for service tickets and  have a requirement to make product ("investigation ") default in that, in order to calculate SLA. We have  already checked the SLA calculation by adding product manually and it's working fine .

1. Is there any way to make  Product  default in  our service tickets ?
  2. Which action profile can  be used ,with service ticket, for the escalation e-mails ?

Regards

Sumaira Gopalani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sumaira_gopalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Arden  for the reply , We some how realized that the root cause was the newly added SLA component on web-ui and  after we made that display only , we are getting our SLA calculated .But still we are  facing some issues which are listed below.

Our default priority  is "very high" ,so when we navigate to  create service ticket  the priority which is set at that moment is "very high" ,after  that we choose particular subject and against our expectations, SLA doesn't calculate at that instance of time  and we get error instead.After selecting priority again  to" very high" , SLA get calculated.Why isn't first time calculation doesn't perform correctly ?

Secondly , we have configured the action profile  and according to  the current configuration, employee responsible is getting emails .Now,  in our case we have customized workflow and according to the requirement escalated mails should  be route to the "pending user"  and after bursting TAT ,it's manager (according to Org.unit) should receive email.Can you please provide the steps?

Thanks

Sumaira Gopalani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumaira

On the first point I find that the SLA calculation is performed on the setting of the Priority value...so if you're setting the Subject next and the SLA is  not calculating, my understanding of the underlying processing is that this is SAP Standard Behaviour.

To resolve this, do not default the Priority value, instead, select Subject and then Priority.

We had exactly the same issue on another system in recent months. I can see some reasons for SAP doing it this way...but it doesn't always give the user the right experience.

As for the second point, I'd recommend creating another thread for this.

Regards

Arden

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumaira,

Regarding question 1) you can try to use BADI CRM_SERVICEPROD_BADI to apply your own logic to define which product id will be defaulted in your service ticket. In your case, if you want to use INVESTIGATION product, I believe you don't have to do nothing since this will be the defaulted as per standard.

For question 2) you could investigate action profile SERVICE_ORDER_ITEM_SLA for that.

Kind regards,

Garcia

sumaira_gopalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the reply, but I did try the mention BADI and I guess this is for "service request" not for "service tickets" .Is there anyway around?

Regards,

Sumaira Gopalani

BGarcia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumaira,

No, this was the simpliest way in order to avoid more complex development. I've worked with it in versions 4,5 and 7 and it was together with Service Tickets (BUS200116).

Check if you have this IMG path in your CRM server:

SPRO-> CRM -> Interaction Center Webclient -> Business Transaction -> Service Ticket -> BADI: Product Assignment for Creation of Service Items

Can you re-check? If still not working maybe you could ask SAP Support for some more information (might be obsolete?).

Kind regards,

Garcia

sumaira_gopalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi  Bruno ,

Thanks for the answer , I was constantly  checking the product in GUI  and i  was not getting any product  there .Later on , when i checked through web-ui , i found the product .

But still I am facing an issue regarding that .Tickets which are made through web-ui  doesn't have SLA calculated in them .However, if i am generating  tickets through GUI ,SLA is working pretty fine. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumaira

Please check if the Priority value is being set for the Transaction, as this should trigger the Date Calculation for your SLA.

Regards

Arden

sumaira_gopalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arden

We haven't set our "priority "as response profile indicator instead we have set  catalog, code group  and  code as our indicator .

Moreover, I have checked the  entries in  table "crmd_orderadm_i "  and I  found out that "ALTID_TYPE" is blank in those tickets which are created through web-ui.Is there any thing wrong regarding that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumaira

Please check if the Product is definitely being added at the Item Level.

Keep in mind that in general SAP GUI Transactions are not always supported for the later releases of SAP CRM. So the WEB UI is the proper testing ground.

Confirm that the BADI is correctly coded.

Failing all that, test using a Priority value in the Response Profile...just to verify that it's definitely not the issue.

Regards

Arden

sumaira_gopalani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Arden ,

I did check  priority thing ,it is working when priority field is blank in web-ui.If I set priority to "very high "on responsible profile and set same through web-ui , then SLA calculation does not perform at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like a bug.

At this point would recommend logging an Incident with SAP.

Let me know how it goes

Arden