cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it not be a right idea to search some basic things before we post?

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was really wondering, recently in all CRM spaces we see tens of basic questions. And people jump to answer for the same. And it happens mostly in CRM only. If you go to ABAP or any other spaces, it's not the case. If somebody asks, how to access another attribute from an entity->there is a button called 'Alert moderator'. You are supposed press on that button rather than pressing on 'Reply' button.

I believe all of you are aware that we have SCN rules of engagement here. However, new members won't be aware of that. They will post some basic question without searching. Once they get deleted only, they will get to know that we are not allowed to post like this. So, I request all members-I see many are answering to the very basic questions-at least use the button 'Alert moderator'.

Thanks,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you feel things are getting better or worse in the last couple weeks in terms of moderation for this space(I don't moderate the other CRM spaces)?  Beyond abuse reports, I have tried to be a little more active in weeding out posts that show up in my communications feed that are questionable.

I do appreciate seeing abuse reports in my inbox everytime I long in the morning.  I definitely an extra set of eyes to catch stuff that I don't see.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
And it happens mostly in CRM only

Your assumptions is incorrect.  I moderate four forums where also, it is happening on daily basis and my practice is

• if the member who encourage basic query is an old member, straightaway I caution in that thread itself to adhere to SCN rules.
  • if the member is new and not aware of SCN rules, I DM to such member to go through SCN rules as I don't want to advice them publicly

In fact, I have lot of templates in this regard and I will just copy paste to DM

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree, I heard about other SCN members from other spaces complaining about the same, this "point thing" is killing me, anyway, you guys are out of fashion, you must follow the new wave, "Alert moderator" you can also include that information on linkedin and keep improving your personal brand! and more important if you don't alert, Stephen we will be bored and this will lead him to buy random stuff from meh.com (2 shower heads for 50$ damm!)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep the problem is not limited to a single space and having a reminder in the space where it occurs is not a bad thing.  I used to use sticky posts in the way old version of SCN that had rant about basic questions that people needed to read first .

In terms of meh.com purchases I clicked meh on that.  If you really want to understand why answering basic questions are bad thing, then you should watch one the videos meh.com has posted where Irk talks about throw pillows.  Yep basic question answers on SCN are like tiny boats cluttering the space.

Take care,

Stephen

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's funny that some reported your question about this as wrong space via alert moderator.  I personally disagree as we wouldn't be having this problem if people would go review the rules of engagement(located elsewhere).

That being said I'm reviewing everything reported for this space that I get via alert moderator as my schedule allows.  So continue to use alert moderator as you see discussions that need moderator intervention.

Take care,

Stephen

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wrong space? lol...

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can press on alert moderator. I see a lot if basic questions In abap as well. I have alerted moderator 2-3 times but yeah this is a forum and impossible to restrict every 1.