cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Prompt Values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working for two clients and the requirements are same for both of them. For client A we developed the report in Dev and moved to Quality. Everything is fine here. For the client B we mapped the report developed for the client A in the Dev and migrated to Quality. The report is getting executed for the Client B in the Dev environment but in the Quality we are getting the below attached error.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

According this KBA:

2145395 - Invalid prompt values error displays, when entering multiple values separated by semi-col...

Cause

• From Support Pack 05 of Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1, it is possible to manually enter values for SAP BW BEx Query variables, and enter multiple values separated by semi-columns for SAP BW BEx query variables. For more information see the SAP BW Enhancement blog post for BI 4.1 Support Pack 05 by clicking here.

• Assuming all the values entered are valid, the reason it displays an error the value are not valid in this scenario, it is because it is not an SAP BW BEx Query variable, but a prompt that was created in the Query Panel. Crystal Reports for Enterprise send the text entered as one value, and since it is not a valid value, it generates the error.

• Crystal Reports for Enterprise regular parameter and prompt does not have the functionality to manually enter multiple values in one line of text separated by semi-columns. It is only possible to enter multiple values in one line of text when the following conditions are met:
    • The report is based off an SAP BW BEx Query,
    • The prompt is an actual variable defined in the BEx Query to accept multiple values.

Resolution  

• The solution is to enter the values one by one, instead of adding it is one line of text separated by semi-columns; or

• If you want to take advantage of the new enhancement in Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1 with Support Pack 05 and higher of being able to enter multiple values for when the report is based off a BEx Query with a variable that accept multiple values, then modify the SAP BW BEx Query in the BEx Query Designer, and add a variable that accept multiple values in the Filter. 

1. In BEx Query Designer, open the SAP BW BEx Query.

2. Add the Characteristic to filter the data on under the tab "Filter"

3. Right click on the Characteristic added to the Filter, and select "Restrict..."

4. In the "Select Values..." window, under the "Show" drop-down list, select "Variables"

5. Click on the white sheet, to create a new variable.

6. In the "Change Variable" window, under the tab "General", set the variable to be process by: "Manual Input/Default Value"

7. Under the tab "Details", set the option: Variable Represent, to "Multiple Single Values"

8. Still under the "Details" tab, check the option "Variable Is Ready for Input", then click "OK"

9. Back to the Select Values window, add the new variable to the "Chosen Selections", and click "OK"

10. Save the SAP BW BEx Query.

11. In Crystal Reports for Enterprise, create a new report off the updated SAP BW BEx Query, and it will now be possible to enter multiple values separated by semi-columns for the variable just created in the BEx Query.

I hope this information helps to resolve your issue.

Regards,
István

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Istvan. We are not passing multiple values in our variable it is a single value. But the same report is getting executed for client A in Dev and quality. Even for the client B it is getiing executed in Dev environment but not quality. We are using in 4.1 SP3..

Thanks

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any ideas on my query. To be more clear, the reports without any parameters are getting executed fine. But the reports with the parameters are not getting executed and getting the above error. In the "Set Data source Location" I have mapped all objects. There is no option to map to any parameters or filters. I am using Bex query as source and when I try to edit the filters in the Add Query I am getting the same error. I am passing single values and the same is defined in the Bex query also.

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue got resolved. In Client A data source they were not assigned values and so previous developer has used a filter at the query panel to avoid not assigned values. For the client B data source they were no not assigned values. When I removed the filter in the query panel I could execute the report and working as expected.

Krishna

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting the solution, hari.

-Abhilash

Answers (0)