cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbishment maintenance order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM expert,

Can anybody explain the refurbishment order process in SAP PM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Payal,

Being a frequently asked question, you could have easily found lot of conceptual material in Google. However you go through these discussions.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir.. Thanku for reply..

How can issue material from store and how return defective material to store and how settle th material cost.....

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This was explained in the Flow steps detailed in few referred threads. I am in a Refurbishment environment without serialization of materials. I believe that the material movements are better addressed when the Materials are serialized. In this environment tools like IE4N etc streamlines the material tracking. On the other hand where Refurbishment process where serialization is not there, the material mvt part as I observed is like this.

1.The item is in working and gets damaged

2.Customer is needed to create a C3 material in his/her store (mvt type 501 or 202)

3. Send it to Repairer's Defective store through MIGO or MB1B (mvt 311).

4. Repairer takes this to Order(GI) through MB11 (mvt 261)

5. Upon GR (IW8W) this C3 material converts into C2 and goes to inspection lot (mvt 101).

6. Upon UD, this material goes to Repairer's finished Store (mvt 321).

7. It is sent /taken back to customer store through MIGO or MB1B (mvt 311)

These are just guidelines. But it is very important to have FICO role in deciding these steps for the impact on Order costing. Few Companies do not prefer in Capitalizing the repairs like C2 value will be higher by settling the repair cost to material etc. They opt for Zero value of C3 and C2 materials. In such cases there are no financial implications. So, it is important to consult Finance team, MM team and take decisions on the above factors and document somewhere the things agreed upon before finalizing the processes like Refurbishment.

And consuming these refurbished material:

Once the C2 material arrives the customer's store, he/she should consume this through normal maintenance order through Reservation.

And when the material gets damaged the cycle begins from point2

This procedure (mvt types in point 2) should be suggested by your MM team. When zero valuation is there, many problems suppress automatically.

These are just guidelines

Let's see what other experts have for you.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Payal,

I dont think there is any other way to explain the process, than rather in help.sap.com. Kindly refer below links

Refurbishment in Plant Maintenance - Process Flow Hierarchy - SAP Library

Processing Material Refurbishment Without Serial Numbers - Plant Maintenance (PM) - SAP Library

I kindly request you to google, since there are lot of threads available to explain the same.

Regards

Terence