cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APL Function - FORECAST doesn't fill the predicted values in the output table

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to HANA Predictive Analytic. I have installed the AFL and APL packages in my HANA System and have also checked the installation following the steps SAP Automated Predictive Library Reference Guide.

I'm trying to run the Forecast function running the sample script given in the Reference Guide. (section 5.1)

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100002180172015E/apl11_apl_user_guide_en.pdf

Unfortunately, in the output dataset, the values in the target are not predicted and are still null.

Can you please let me know if I've do further configuration or some additional steps to get this example working?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

I had a look at image and nothing is wrong.

Column "cash" is source or actual data and column "kts_1" is your output data. Now, depending upon forecast Horizon selection (for example if you want to forecast for  next 30 days) there will be null (?) for column cash where there is no actual or input for given date. However, column "kts_1" will have value calculated by forecast function.

I hope it makes sense.

Suggestion: if you want to forecast then please use large input dataset (also called training data). E.g. One year of data

Cheers

Anagad

Answers (0)