cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP usig BW data source issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have SAP Portal implementation where in the data source is SAP BW system. All the users are created in BW system and since we have SSO configured ,these users are visible in portal once they are created in BW back end. While creating the users, the end date of account validity is given such a way that it expires in every 30 days and ask for reset to the user.

Now earlier when a user's account used to expire, it used to prompt a message to reset or change. Now the issue is , it is not showing this message. Instead,its allowing the user to login to portal.

Can any one point out the reason of this unusual behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Prabha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabha

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forum Threads .

In relation to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

Summary: You have SAP Portal implementation where in the data source there is a SAP BW system. All the users are created in BW system and since we have SSO configured ,these users are visible in portal once they are created in BW back end. While creating the users, the end date of account validity is given such a way that it expires in every 30 days and ask for reset to the user. Now earlier when a user's account used to expire, it used to prompt a message to reset or change. Now the issue is , it is not showing this message. Instead,its allowing the user to login to portal.

Recommendations: Based upon the summary outlined above this is quite bizarre behaviour if my understanding is correct. The first point of reference here that I would make in terms of investigative analysis is that of is this issue occuring in all web browser platform types .e.g. Interner Explorer, Mozilla, Chrome?

Secondly I believe you need to checkout the following parameter in this scenario:

• "login/password_change_for_SSO"

To locate and analyze this parameter you can use the following source guideline documentation as a point of reference and cross-consultation:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/SSO+to+BW+in+EP+6.0

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2013/12/15/sso-configuration-between-sap-portal-...

Lastly to revert back to the parameter setting of "login/password_change_for_SSO" you need to check its value and see if it is 0 (zero).

Here is some further troubleshooting guidance notes:

SSO Issue / Expired Passwords: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/SSO+problem+with+expired+passwords

SAP Note: 441452 - Password change prompt with SSO logon procedures

Kindly update me as per your analysis findings.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Troy,

Many thanks for the early reply.

Now I want to know , to get a prompt message to reset password for a user which expires in 30 days, what should be the value of the following parameter.

ume.logon.foce_password_change_on_sso = ?

An early reply is highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Prabha