Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resubmission

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what is the priority level given when we create a resubmission at account level and invoice level. Also what can cause a conflict between account level resubmission and invoice level resubmission so that it shows up in the collection worklist even before the resubmission date is reached ? some clue on this will be very helpful

Best regds

Subha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Subhadeep,

I am unsure what you mean by invoice level resubmission here. Can you elaborate how you are recording invoice level resubmissions? Is it a custom development?

Normally, you reach the "Process Receivables" screen when you double click a Business Partner entry on the collections worklist. On this screen you have a tab called "Resubmissions". On this tab, you can only create resubmissions at a business partner level.

Under normal circumstances, an BP level resubmission would take preference over any invoice level resubmissions. i.e. A BP will not appear on the collections worklist until the BP level resubmission validity is over.

You should also look at the rules defined in your collection strategy. This will drive how the items are treated.

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

with invoice level, I mean line item level. you can select multiple line items and create one resubmission or you can also create a resubmission at account/bp level.

best regds

Subha

0 Kudos

Hi Subha,

I have checked the instances where I have access and was unable to find an option to specify line item level resubmission.

Even the documentation provided by SAP only talks about resubmissions at the level of business partners and collection segments.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c7/47e442d8dd5804e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c4/5ee342599e5904e10000000a155106/content.htm?frame...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/43/25679cb7730d26e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

I will try to look at the configuration options to see if I can find an answer related to item level resubmissions. However, I still suspect the this may be a custom development.

Best Regards,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to confirm you can create a resubmission at line item level. (via the invoice tab and not the resubmission tab)

If you highlight an item in the process receivables screen and select the create resubmission icon it will create the resubmission at line item level.

In terms of excluding from the worklist - you cant do this at line item level - only at customer level

when going into the process receivables tab, and the resubmission tab - you need to select the tick box "no contact until resubmission" to exclude from the worklist.

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

apologies for replying late, I have a situation where user wants to place resubmission both at account level and line item level and keep the resubmission date same as account level. Now the problem I am facing is whenever such a situation arise, the collection line item doesnt goes away from worklist. This is one exception in resubmission I am seeing and would like to know what exactly I can do. I keep different resubmission dates and re generate the worklist , it works. But with similar resubmission date and I generate the worklist, the collection line item doesn't go. Pls advice.

best regds

Subha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subha

I dont understand why you would require both - do they have the same date? I am assuming the user does not understand how the system works.

Before telling the user which option to select - ask them what the outcome they require - and advise them accordingly as to the action they require.

There is no option to remove the account from the worklist - if the user adds a line item resubmission - the tick box at customer level needs to be selected.

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Thanks for the help, inside business partner in worklist you can select the collection line items and create a resubmission as well.

best regds

Subha