cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

n_tooltip "Cannot register object in the toolwindow control" at Runtime (PB 12.6 x64)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we are migrating from PB11.1 to 12.6 (64bit) facing the application crash problem after showing the message

"Cannot register object in the toolwindow control" at run time.

i changed the SendMessageA to SendMessageW and changed the methods declarations (ulong ,uint)

The application is still crashing now.

n_tooltip.of_addtool() contain call to the function ToolTipMsg returns -1

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Arun Pal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun;

FWIW:  I am a little confused though as to why you are using the old way of driving "hover text" on your PB application components? That is as opposed to the supported "Power Tip Text" property setting that drives hover text and is now supported on PB visual class and DW objects in the newer PB releases?

I wonder if some refactoring might be in order here. not only to fix this issue - but, to align your code for future PB releases (without these type of problems).

Just my $0.02.

Regards ... Chris 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

thanks for the prompt reply

the reasons of migration is our 32bit app is crashing on Tablet-PC and touch screen PCs.

should i go further.it will resolve my problem?

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be easy to check (I would think). Just take one screen which is crashing and convert that to use PowerTipText instead of your current NVUO approach. If that screen renders OK - then you will know that the old NVUO is the culprit - yet, the new property supports the functionality you desire/require. 

The other long term benefit is that you will be Appeon Web & Appeon Mobile compliant. Now that SAP is handing the PB product over to Appeon to continue its development - I would not be surprised (just my guess) to see Appeon features appearing directly in the PB Classic IDE.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

now application is crashing on RPC Function Call(n_tr.get_datetime) calling MSSQLServer Stored procedure USP_GET_DATETIME(for getting current server datetime ) as per log generated from /pbdebug option

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that your "flogging a dead horse" on this product version or your just a "glutton for punishment". I always find that I feel a lot better after I stop beating my head against a wall.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should give up on 64 bit deployment. There really isn't a compelling reason to use it. Here is an old joke that applies here:

Patient:     Doctor, my arm hurts when I do this [raises arm above head]

Doctor:      Well, don't do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun;

Does it crash running from the Jogger icon in the IDE (aka 32bit mode) or only when you compile & run the 64 bit EXE?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

working fine in the IDE .but it crashing from 64bit deployed EXE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder if the problem is the structure byte alignment issue that was discussed here a couple days ago.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi roland,

i learn that post and the solution is EBF(PWRBLDR126000P_4-71000192.ZIP   EBF 24672: 12.6 SP00 PL04 (build 4058)) and some function declaration changes (progma_pack(1)) but we are using trial version and we don't have s-user id to download the updates

Thanks

Arun