cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver (Processor) is not fetching properly in Purchase Requisition release strategy

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a scenario where the workflow is not triggering properly.

Our Release Strategy has connected with HR master data's organizational assignment.

While triggering Workflow, it actually checks the HR Organizational assignment and then it triggers the workflow as maintained. The Approver will be Determined based on the PR creator's SAP user ID.

Consider the below scenario.

A and B are two different PR creators under same department. hence the department head (Approver) is same for both the users.

When A is creating PR, Approver is determining correctly. However when B is creating the PR, The Approver is not determined.

I have checked in HR master data (Organizational Assignment) for both A and B. The Department head is maintained properly.

I couldn't find any difference between A and B, in terms of master data assignment.

Requesting your help & Insights in solving this issue.

With Regards,

Vishnu Kumar Subbarayalu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

as you said you are facing problem in PR release strategy while B is creating only.i suggest you to check CL20N masterdata maintained.if you matain user id of B in lower case system will not trigger.

IF every thing us fine but still not able to get.kindly share charactetistics maintained in cl20n data.

Regards,

Pardhu

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello PardhaSaradhi,

Sorry, I think i have to be more precise on my query.

Here, Release strategy is triggered. But the Approver is not showing in PR under Processor column.

For More Clarification, I am attaching some screen shots here.

In the above screen shot, The Processor Column is displayed properly in a PR Document.

In the above screen shot, the Processor column is missing.

Both Requisitioner, Dsosa and Jcorbin belongs to same department which is headed by same Person.

I think this gives a clear idea about the issue i am facing.

With Thanks,

Vishnu

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check table hrp1001 if the user position has A012 relationship with head of organisation position

Regards

sandy

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Replying again as some people cant able to see the screen shots properly.

Hello PardhaSaradhi,

Sorry, I think i have to be more precise on my query.

Here, Release strategy is triggered. But the Approver is not showing in PR under Processor column.

For More Clarification, I am attaching some screen shots here.

In the above screen shot, The Processor Column is displayed properly in a PR Document.

In the above screen shot, the Processor column is missing.

Both Requisitioner, Dsosa and Jcorbin belongs to same department which is headed by same Person.

I think this gives a clear idea about the issue i am facing.

With Thanks,

Vishnu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you kindly check profile parameters for this user in his role?Take BASIS help.

Regards,

Pardhu

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check did  you implemented exit EXIT_SAPLEBNF_005 for agent determination

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

You mentioned that you are using the FM SWX_GET_MANAGER to get the approver but I think this is not correct.

The person responsible for PR Release is determined from FM ME_REL_GET_RESPONSIBLE. Check rule no 20000026 in PFAC. You can simulate(SHIFT+F8) the rule in transaction PFAC  to check the results.

This rule is used in Standard task TS20000159 and workflow WS20000077.

Also note that there are two userexit called within this FM

EXIT_SAPLEBNF_001 and EXIT_SAPLEBNF_005. You can put the debug in these user exists to verify the results.

Regards

Sandy

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has the organization recently changed? HR org stuff is buffered and refreshed overnight, always use SWU_OBUF if you need to make use of an org change the same day.

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

No, The Organization haven't been changed recently.

With Regards,

Vishnu

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

how are you calculating the manager of a user. Use rule no 168 or FM RH_GET_LEADER

Regards

sandy

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

We are using FM " SWX_GET_MANAGER " for fetching the approver.

With Thanks,

Vishnu

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try executing the function module standalone SE37 and check the results .

User B might be missing some HR authorisation. Compare the roles of user A and B

regards

sandy

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we have already ran the function module stand alone and the results are as follows.

For example if the Organization manager has 5 members under him, For 3 of them, the FM is giving the results correctly and for other 2 persons it is not providing the approval managers.

We are yet to check the roles between the two users.

We will check and update the results here.

With Thankful,

Vishnu

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

if the FM results are correct i.e manager is determined for all users then this issue might be due to missing user authorisation

regards

sandy

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy ,

Thanks for your input.

We checked the authorization roles as well.

It looks like , authorization is not the reason behind this issue.

With Thanks,

Vishnu