cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM: IP10 valuation type and "Batch" field warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I try to schedule a Maintenance Plan with IP10 I receive this warning message:

I don't understand where have I to fill the field "Batch". I don't see a field like this. It happens for many material code.

Could you give me a solution? And are there any risks if I save by ignoring this warning message?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Angelo,

Hope you've understood the reason by the previous replies. You have a tasklist in the Plan you are scheduling. In that one or more operations are having Components specified against them. The warning message is triggering at the instance of copying these Components into the Operations tab of the Order being created. One or more components referred above is having a batch valuation (split valuation in case of refurbished materials like C2, C3 etc), and is responsible for this warning message.

Now

The difficulty is, we can not specify this Batch value at the Tasklist levels, because there is no such field seen here. See this picture of Tasklist Component view.

But the Batch field at Order Components level is asking for this value. See this picture of Order Components tab.

Possible solution

Presently I am unable to simulate the case, so suggesting a possible remedy.

Go to any existing Order (of the type you are scheduling for):

Extras > Settings > Default values...

Here in Control tab have this setting

Now, try scheduling (IP10) your plan. The warning message should go away.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

Unfortunately we cann't add batch managed Component directly in Task list as field "Batch" is missing.

1. So have only option to add such component when order is created.

2. since this is warning message ignore it if you have added component to Task List and select appropriate batch when order is  Created.

Rgds

Sunil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

I've checked and all my components are without batch management and they've never had it!

So the requirment of batch number is a nonsense in my opinion. Are you agree?

The strange thinh is that this warning didn't appear until last week.

Is it possible to deactivate this warning message for a plant in customizing? Is it dangerous?

Thanks

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Angelo,

You can deactivate the warning message in customizing, but you should try to identify the cause of this warning first. If it's happening only from one week, some changes might have moved to live?

You can check the details on the same and try to identify what change triggered this warning message.

Thanks

Prem

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your material might be batch managed. In that case, you will get this error as valuation type is same as batch number. If you know the valuation type, specify it.

If you do not enter a valuation type, the system uses the valuation class at the level of the valuation area

If you do not know the valuation type, check the valuation class at the level of the valuation area in the material master record. You find the valuation class for the valuation area (plant or company code) in the accounting data of the material. As you are getting warning message, system might be trying to default the valuation class as valuation type.

Thanks

Prem

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DEar,

this error is due to asignment of materials in tasklist  of your maintenance plans.

kindly go to IA06 and assign the respective batch for thise materials.

in standard SAP its just warning message.

HOpe you got the idea.

REgards,

PArdh