Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on EP SAP Note 2170629

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no real solution listed for this note:

Reason and Prerequisites

project tc/pp/support/tools not added to the refactoring file of EP-ADMIN in NW 730 SP13

since it has a dependencies to components:

1. sap.com/com.sap.portal.pcd.admintools.administration

2. sap.com/com.sap.portal.fpn.ui

Solution

Under tab "Support Packages & Patches" within this note you can check for the appropriate SP and Patch levels fixing this issue.

No tab "Support Packages & Patches" is listed on the note.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

The patch is released and it's updated in the note.

BR,

Saar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I had the same problem in downtime when patching SAP BW 7.30 from SPS10 to SPS13. My solution was the following:

telnet localhost 5??08

undeploy name=tc~pp~dupport\tools vendor=sap.com on_undeploy_error=skip_depending

Then I click on Repeat in SUM and SUM finished.

After SUM was finished and some Support functions in portal doesn't work, I return the missing applications:

telnet localhost 5??08

deploy com.sap.portal.fpn.ui.sda version_rule=same_lower

deploy com.sap.portal.admintools.administration.sda version_rule=same_lower

deploy sap.com~tc~pp~support~tools.ear version_rule=same_lower

Important is the third deploy, but first two I have to return because of dependeces.

I took com.sap.portal.fpn.ui.sda, com.sap.portal.admintools.administration.sda and sap.com~tc~pp~support~tools,ear from SPS10 because you can't find them in SPS13 anymore.

These components you can find in EPBASIS10_0-10007920.SCA and EPADMIN10_0-10008087.SCA.

After testing everything works fine.

Dušan Gatalo

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony and Kishan,

The reason you don't see the "Support Packages & Patches" section is because the patch did not come out to the market place yet.

Since this is an issue the ruins upgrades the fix is what we call a stack fix, this means that it is an urgent fix that will make sure that once it's out no one will need to upgrade to SP0 and then apply patches for the fix but the fix will be integrated into the SP0 out of the box.

That is the reason why it takes a little more time, however it is taken care of with high urgency and should be available real soon on the SMP.

Please keep a track on the note so you can see when the patch has been released.

Thanks and BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We are facing exactly the same error but there is no solution in this SAP note.