cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 No roles in role search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I am configuring a new install of GRC Access Control and am trying to run the first Risk Analysis at Role Level. When I enter the search box for Roles I get no results . It does not matter if I enter an abbreviated search with a wildcard or enter the entire role name I still get no results. I can enter the abbreviated role name with a wildcard in the field and run the analysis and it will return all the roles. Is this a configuration issue? I have run all the sync jobs and maintained all connections and the data sources. The RA at User Level search works fine for the user name and everything. I have spoken with a counterpart within my parent company and they have the exact same behavior from this search function. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

-Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Only those roles will appear which have been imported. While Risk analysis will consider all roles(of backend), with your wildcard.

Regards

plaban

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Sounds like your GRC tables do not have synced entries for roles.  The Repository Object Sync job, GRAC_REPOSITORY_OBJECT_SYNC, needs to be executed in "FULL" mode initially.  First, try that.

Make sure the PFCG Authorization Sync job is finishing successfully.

Make sure your Integration Scenarios have been mapped to the connector/LGs.  SPRO-->GRC-->Common Component Settings-->Maintain Connection Settings.  Integration Scenario "Authorization Management" needs to have the target connector mapped to it.

Check your Actions mapped to Connector groups.  SPRO-->GRC-->Access Control-->Maintain Mapping for Actions and Connector Groups.  Go to "Assign Default Connector to Connector Groups" and make sure the LG and system have been mapped with at least action #2 and #3, Role Risk Analysis and Authorization Maintenance.  Make sure to select at least 1 default connector for each "LG<-->Action" line item.

Review the Post Installation steps and make sure all have been completed.  NOTE:  Post installation activities DO NOT transport properly.  I highly recommend performing ALL post installation activities independently in each GRC system (Dev, QA, Prod).

You do not need to import roles into GRC in order to perform Risk Analysis on them.  In Access Request, however, you do need to import roles for them to become selectable.

Hope this helps!

-Ken