Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Segmentation Model

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Champions ,

I am new as SAP CRM Functional Consultant , therefore i hve not much expertise on campaign and segmentation model . I am willing to do segmentation through Info Sets CRM_MKTTG_BP_ADDR and Attribute List BP_CUST_ADDRESS, in which i use Country Key as Attributes with option Pakistan and Germany . I am willing to test by creating a target group of BP Records with Pak as country.

But when i am going to create a target group by dragging the option Pakistan into BP Record Data ( Refer Screen Short SM-1 ) and Select an option KEEP  , than i created on option of Create Target Group on Profile than i get msg "Pakistan Traget Group not created ". (Refer screen short SM-2).

Later i repeat all step again and then i click on option COUNT on Profile then after 5-10 minutes i got another error  "HTTP Request Error" (Refer Screen Short SM-3). I still could not understand why such errors are coming ? May be i am missing any thing in configuration.

Please guide

lot f thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing exactly the same issue. Could you solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Florian

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

the error you are experiencing is a generic error message that gets displayed if "something" went wrong during the segmentation process.

Therefore it is hard to tell what exact problem you are facing. If you have experience with debugging a good entry point for analyzing such scenario is setting a Breakpoint in Class: CL_CRM_MKTTG_SEGFLEX_COM71 or CL_CRM_MKTTG_SEGFLEX_COM72 (depending on your EhP) and Method: EXECUTE_COMMAND.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for your hint. Within debugging session I found out the reason. In method CREATE_TARGET_GROUP_DIRECT there was a problem when creating target group because the number range for object CRM_MKTPRF wasn't maintained.

Now it is working fine.

Thanks very much!

Best regards

Florian

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

please read following SAP KBA which handles a lot of Segmentation Based issues and provides multiple notes.

Regards,

Markus

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Riedel,

Thanks fr reply and guidance

even after an implementation of relevant SAP Notes by basis and abap team the problem still could not resolve . I tried Segmentation on Explorer , Opera , Chrome bt same error occur . I still could not understand whether it is configuration problem frm Functional Consultant end or else.

Please guide

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

When we had this issue, the only work around was a SAP CRM System reboot.

If my memory serves me correctly, in our case there was some sort of Kernel error, which basis team would to resolve.

Its not a functional issue.

If it persists after the restart log an Incident with SAP.

Regards

Arden

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arden ,

Once again thanks for reply

I confess my Basis Consultant about your solution he is little hesitant for "Kernel error" . He is saying that if you would confirm from that Basis Guy about detail that how he implemented than it can be encouraging for him.

Lot f Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Unfortunately I'm no longer with the company.

Safest option is log an Incident with SAP.

May just take a bit longer to get your resolution.

Regards

Arden

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Arden , Basis team is working . Will revert you soon abt the outcome.

tc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Looks like you're doing everything correctly, so your setup itself is fine I think.

SAP have supplied a bunch of Notes to resolve this issue.

Unfortunately I do not have them to hand.

Are you able to log into SAP Service Marketplace and search for them?

Regards

Arden