cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XK05 - Vendor's Posting Block for Co.Code A affects payment for same vendor in Co.Code B

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all experts,

I have set posting block for a vendor in company code A. (To be exact: only "Posting Block for Selected Co.Code" is set in XK05)

For the same vendor in company code B, it is NOT blocked for posting. (None of the indicator is set in XK05)

This setting works fine for invoice posting but I encountered an issue when posting outgoing payment.

I have tried to post outgoing payment via F-53 to this vendor in company code B, which is NOT blocked for posting.

But system prompted error message F5351 "Account XXXXXX YYYY is blocked for posting." where YYYY is the company code A.

I am posting in Co.Code B using bank GL account and vendor in B, why did the system check the Posting Block indicator in A?

Thank you in advance.

Rgds,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all experts,

SAP has provided explanation on this incident raised.

The error is caused by the config in OB60 "Company Code Allocation for Manual Payments".

If company code A is mapped to B in OB60, whenever we post an outgoing payment, the vendor "Posting Block" setting from any of these company codes are taken into consideration.

The other SAP note that is relevant to this issue is 1881905 - Error message F5351 'Account & & is blocked for posting' appears in clearing transactions.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Sebastian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

check the table in  LFA1 any settings has been changed

Thanks

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inayat,

Checked LFA1 and LFB1, these tables are updated correctly.

LFA1 is not updated since I did not set "Posting block for all company codes".

LFB1 is updated when I set "Posting block for selected company codes".

Thank you.

Rgds,

Sebastian

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In XK05 we have two options for Posting block one is "All company codes" and other one is "Selected Company code".Kindly Check this.

What is the code assigned to "Block function". This code is having imopact on few purchase functions like request for quotation, purchase order or goods receipt.

And also check the data in XK06 also.

If still having problem, kindly share the screen.

Regards,

Pardhu

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, as mentioned, only "Posting Block for Selected Co.Code" is set in XK05.

Is "Block Function" that you mentioned a config? What is the t-code for this config?

My issue is more related the payment transaction and vendor's Posting Block for selected co.code.

Nothing to do with PR/PO/GR.

XK06 is not relevant as well because none of the checkbox is set there.

Thanks.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

are you having two different Purchase organizations for two company codes?

Regards,

Pardhu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In our organization we will check the GRN status of the vendor, I mean stock is posted to Unrestricted or still in Quality at the time of MIRO transaction.If stock is in QUALITY then MIRO is not processed till user clears the Inspection lot with respective GRN.

Kindly check if any enhancement is activated in your company for such criteria in transaction F-53 at the time of payment.This is just an idea to analyze your situation.

Regards,

Pardhu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly chcek vendor master also.

Regards,

Pardhu

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

We do not have any enhancement in F-53.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Sebastian

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

Payment Block in vendor master data is blank (Free for Payment).

Thanks.

Rgds,

Sebastian

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

We are having 2 company codes assigned to the same purchasing org.

It could be this reason as per suggested by Tejas.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Sebastian

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you activate check box purchasing block "All purchase Organizations"?

Regards,

Pardhu

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you are having same purchasing organization if yes, then it will not allow to post for vendor in B company code.

In case you have different purchasing organization then you have to tick for Selected purchasing organization.

Hope, this solves your issue else revert.

Regards,

Tejas

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the vendor is having the same purchasing org in 2 different company codes.

So if I understand you correctly, even though the indicator stated that the posting block is for selected company codes, it also validate whether they are having the same purchasing org. If yes, the setting will block the vendor in the other company code as well.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Sebastian

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for update.

In this case use transaction code FK05 instead of XK05.

Hope, this solves your issue else revert.

Regards,

Tejas

chengshiong_kwan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I have tested using a different vendor via FK05 but result is the same: vendor blocked from posting.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Sebastian