cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Analytic API Checkbox

0 Kudos

Hi,

I just ran the CR 2013 SP 06 and now I have a checkbox "Use Analytic API". What is the difference between checking or having it unchecked?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This option was introduced in Support Pack 05 Patch 4 of Crystal Reports 2013 to take advantage of the new Salesforce.com API

This option is used when reporting on Salesforce.com reports, which are seen in Crystal Reports has Stored Procedure, to provides more accurate data type for Salesforce.com report fields.

For example,

If an object used on the Salesforce.com report is defined as a date or date  time, it will normally display as a string in Crystal Reports. But when the  option "Use Analytic API" is checked, it will display it as a date or date time data type in Crystal Reports as well.

Note that this Salesforce.com option has limitations, like it can only return up to 2,000 rows of data. ( It is Salesforce.com API limitations )

For more information, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article:

2174175 - What does the option: Use Analytic API do, when connecting
to Salesforce.com from Crystal ...

Hope this answered your question!

0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick, your response was exactly the answer I was looking for.

I thought the 2000 limitation was fixed with Support Pack 06 of CR 2013. Can you confirm that there is still a limitation issue. That would be a very big issue since most of our reports are +2000 rows. Thanks again.

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The 2,000 rows limitation is a Salesforce.com API limitation, when using the option "Use Analytic API".  It is not Crystal Reports limitation.

The option "Use Analytic API" was exposed in the user interface in Crystal Reports 2013 from SP05 Patch 4, specifically because of the Salesforce.com limitation.

By default the option is unchecked, therefore it will now return more than 2,000 rows of data, as it is not using the "Analytic API" of Salesforce.com to fetch the data.  The drawback of not using the option "Use Analytic API" , it's the data type is not as precise.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you pls send a screenshot?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter