cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripted Calculation View - Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a calculation view and is being used for reports. However the performance isnot where I  like it to be. I also have a sql bult inside the universe because the nature of the application and some complexities. I am trying to move all the codes into HANA. I am trying to creatate ae Scripted view so I can eliminate all the SQL Codes I am mixing with my graphical model.

The final model against which I built my universe has a projection, union and aggregation before I created input parameters to it. The projection itself is built on a scripted calc view and this works fine.

Now I want to use a CE_PROJECTION very similar to my graphical model but I am having issues. My question is can I create a CE_PROJECTION on a calculation view ?

The code I put in is like below....

olap1 = CE_OLAP_VIEW("_SYS_BIC"."ZCVS_CALVIEW",["OBJNR", "BUDAT", "MEGBTR"]);

var_out = CE_PROJECTION(:olap1,["OBJNR","BUDAT","MEGBTR"]);

I also tried

var_out = CE_PROJECTION("_SYS_BIC"."ZCVS_CALCVIEW",["OBJNR","BUDAT","MEGBTR"]);

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Arthur.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

To call Calculation view CE_CALC_VIEW, CE_OLAP_VIEW is used  to call Analytic view. Please check the below link.

In-Memory SAP HANA: SAP HANA CE Functions

I would say create another SQL Script Calculation View than CE Function based because of the flexibility you have and now SQL Engine is also powerful in HANA.

Regards,

Venkat N

Answers (0)