cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Discount Invoices Payment through Automatic Payment Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

How we can make the Cash Discount offer Invoices Payment through Automatic Payment Program and get cash discount?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

After APP run what does the log file indicates. Also make sure those 2 invoices which are not included, is not part of a previous proposal. Edit and delete all the 'recent proposals' and try to run APP again. It must work.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,,

I have only one open proposal. I am talking about only two invoices 4000 & 45000. 45000 is processed in proposal and other 4000 is not processed. I think it depends on P/next date as Yan agree with me in his last message.

I really appreciate your help

Regards

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Abbasi,

I respectfully disagree with the above assessment.

Document no: 50031,

Doc date-23-may-2015, Amount -4000

Baseline date -23-may-2015,

Payment term 10 days -2%,

Net due date = Baseline date + discount term period

Net due date  = (23-may-2015 + 26 days )= June -19-2015

From baseline date 23rd may TO June-01st (10 days) the permitted discount is 2%,ie 80.00.

APP run date -27-May-2015 which is after baseline date (23rd may) and 4 days into discount period (10 days -2%)

With the above data the invoice with amount 4000 must get included in your payment run. Now if it’s not getting included there has to be a genuine reason.

Next payment date 28th have nothing to do with your above problem.

Next payment date –is needed in order to check the due date of payables. If an item is already overdue on the date of the next payment run, or would lose cash discount, the system pays the item in this payment run.

Here even if the invoice is not due, it’s eligible for discount on APP run date -27-May-2015.

If the next payment run for ( invoice with amount 4000 ) was even after June -19-2015, still it will get included in the current payment run.

The general rule for receivables is that they cannot be paid until the baseline date for payment has been reached. Such items are paid on or after the baseline date (23-may-2015) for payment, regardless of when the next payment run is scheduled for.

So find out the reason why it’s not included in the payment run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I change my proposal and now my next payment run date is 12.06.2015. Now system include both invoices. I am attaching my screen shots for reference.

Can you try this at your end if you find something let me know. I really appreciate your time and valuable explanation.

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

you got it , both invoices are getting included in the payment run. now what is that you want me to try.

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi can you pl attach the screen shot of your payment term details. I saw the preview of payment term. but can you display the details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attaching Payment Term detail.

Regards

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a payment term -0bb8

Assign it to vendor master fk02

Post an invoice f-43 and make sure payment term is included.

Try to post payment manually through  f-53

if it works, then do the basic configuration in fbzp including payment method.

create another invoice in f-43

run APP -F110

it should work, if it doesn't get back with your error messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for reply but its working fine manually but automatic payment program it is process as described in my previous message .

Thanks for your help guys

yan_zhao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad,

When executing automatic payment program, F110, system will call transaction code FB05 to do clearing.  So if payment term is maintained for the customer or vendor and available in the document item, cash discount will be generated automatically which follows the same process when executing FB05 directly.

Regards,

Yan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. I am attaching screen shot of payment term, posting invoices and Automatic payment program.

Payment terms are 2%10 days...... In automatic payment program only one posting is picked that is 45000 . I think system pick that transaction because document posting date is 17.05.2015 and in automatic payment program  next P/date is 28.05.2015,so the 10 days are going to finish to get cash discount...

So the discount payment term transactions are processed in automatic payment program depends on  next P/date in APP. Am i right?

Regards

yan_zhao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad,

Yes, you are right.

You can refer to f1 help for field "next payment date"

Posting Date of the next Payment Run

Use

This date is needed in order to check the due date of payables. If an
item is already overdue on the date of the next payment run, or would lose cash discount, the system  pays the item in this payment run.

Regards,

Yan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup. Thanks for your help

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Cash discount granted from vendor can be managed by payment term.. you may use T-code OBB8 to create the payment term that can fulfill the terms agreed with the vendor that if you can match you will see that the automatic payment program take this discount into consideration while process for payment ..

Regards

Mahmoud EL Nady