cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bank Key" and "Bank Number" - EXPERT Needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two questions for both sap versions; ECC 6.0 and Business One. I believe the answers would be the same for both (either of them) versions.

For "Bank Key":

I know in field ''Bank Key'' should be typed bank code value depending on country, but only few countries have unique codes:

Routing Number (USA, Canada)

BSB Number (Vanuatu, Fiji, Cook Islands, French Polynesia, American Samoa, Tonga, Australia, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, New Zeland, Hawaii, New Caledonia, perhaps some more or some less too)

TRNO Code also known as Transmit Number (Canada)

BLZ Code also known as Bankleitzahl (Germany, Austria)

UKSort Code also known as Sort Code (England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey)

NZ2 Code (New Zeland)

CLABE Number (Mexico)

CAB Number (Italy)

ABI Number (Italy)

NROB Number (Poland)

If I am working with ANY of countries located within the brackets then I have to type this code as ''Bank Key'' parameter value. But the problem is that those countries are less than 1% of total countries on entire earth. What exactly should I type for ALL others countries? There are remaining countries of like 240 including disputed territories. I know I cannot expect answer of every single country that isn't mentioned in the brackets. However it is impossible that ''Bank Key'' value would be 11 digit SWIFT/BIC value for ALL (excluding the ones I listed in brackets) other countries.

For "Bank Number":

While doing my research, I have learned that ''Bank Number'' is exactly the same value as ''Bank Key'' but STRICTLY ONLY in case if the following condition is met:

''Bank Key'' value is numeric (digit numbers ONLY).

If this isn't true, kindly tell me please. However my question is: What if ''Bank Key'' value is NOT numeric? How should I get ''Bank Number'' value for each country and each financial institution? From where?

Thank you, with warm regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please elaborate step by step as it will help us to analyze further and provide the appropriate solution accordingly.

In addition to be please send us AS IS and TO BE linewise.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejas thank you very much for your reply.

For "Bank Key" value I was only asking what to do if working with country which isn't mentioned in the brackets. There are like 240 (counting really each and every single one) other countries on earth, along the ones I mentioned. What would be ''Bank Key'' values in such situations? Obviously if working with one of the mentioned countries then as ''Bank Key'' I need to define appropriate code/number as I listed. I cannot just put swift/bic code (entire one so 11 char long) as ''Bank Key'' for each and every country NOT mentioned in any of brackets of my first post. That would be too simple to do - too simplified.

For ''Bank Number'' I wanted to make sure whether or not my mentioned statement is correct. I used to read it on source I cannot rely on, it might not be trustworthy. However on the other hand, it might not be incorrect either. Therefore I want to make sure whether or not mentioned statement is true or not.

If true then this is probably true for every single country worldwide (the ones i mentioned for ''Bank Key'' question and other, like 240 ones, i didn't). But what if ''Bank Key'' isn't numeric value? How should I get ''Bank Number'' value then? Obviously I am asking for ALL countries worldwide.

If not true, please tell me the information what is true about ''Bank Number'' field/parameter then, this means (assuming the statement is NOT true): in what situations, for each and every country, the ''Bank Number'' field should contain exactly the same value as ''Bank Key''.

Not sure if this meets my elaboration or not, if not, kindly ask me exact question. Hopefully it does.

I apologize but I don't know what is ''AS IS'' and ''TO BE linewise''. Just started using SAP and my topic is only about said two fields ''Bank Key'' and ''Bank Number'' in both sap versions: ECC 6.0 and Business One.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejas Gupte did you see my reply above? I tried to add you on skype since you probably overlooked my message but there are too many people with same full name as your so I couldn't have added just every single one... Still looking for your or anyone else's answer on my two (one for ''Bank Key'', one for ''Bank Number'') questions above. Thank you in advance.