cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 % Advance Payment to vendor

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

100% advance payment scenario :- Hi, Our business process requires some vendors to make 100% advance payment before delivery is made. How to configure this scenario. Can this be acheived using payment terms functionality itself or should down payment method is more effetive for this....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create down payment request for this vendor through F-47.

In addition to it make a new Special G/L indicator for these cases in OBYR so that you can get only these vendors in FBL1N.

Hope, this solves your issue else free to revert.

Regards,

Tejas

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But there is one more issue that we want to pay the vendor through credit card, so how can we maintain the liabilitiy in term of credit card along with vendor.problem in FI document.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed, use of the down payment functionality to pay 100% of the amount is the best option. I already used in the past for the same purpose:

1. Create down payment request for 100% of the amount and link it to your purchase order item
  2. Run the payment program to generate the down payment
  3. Execute down payment clearing after logistic invoice verification to compensate the invoice with the down payment.

Regards

Th.

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much for your reply but in the third option that Execute down payment clearing after LIV, to compensate the invoice with down payment, how this can be taken care in sap.

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you post the LIV, you will get a popup informing you that one or more down payments do exist for the vendor. Transaction F-54 "clear down payment" will allow you to realize the clearing or compensation between the down payment and the invoice.

Good luck

Th.

PS: Since release 604, it is apparently possible the execute the clearing directly in LIV transaction but I did not yet tried that.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

You can use down payment functionality to achieve the same.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

You can use transaction F-47 (Down payment request) and Then do the F-48 for down payments

Later you can do the GR/IR for the PO.

Better to create the Payment term for Advance payment (Pay immediately).

Thank you

Himanshu

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, himanshu thank you very much for reply a valuable comment but duing this functionality i'm facing the error that vendor is credited in both of the transaction,at me2dp & MIRO, so how can i maintain this?

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can pay down payment with the help of special G/L indicator.Check transaction FBKP for customization of down payments per your company.

Regards,

pardhu