cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass dynamic values from Query Prompt to Open Document URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a dashboard, in that I am using Query Browser to retrieve the data and Query Prompt for filtering the Date.  I want to sent Date parameter to Open Document URL to open WebI document.

How can I pass dynamic Date to Open Document URL?

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pushkar_dhale
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

As Suman said take the date separated as year,month & date in different cell.

eg:

In cell A1 put base url http://<Open Document Url>

In cell A2 put filter values which are dynamically calculated.

In cell A3 use concatenation function to concatenate A1 & A2.

Then Use A3 cell as source cell for your dynamic URL.

Best Regards,

Pushkar Dhale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arif,

What is the question?

• How to pass the parameter from dashboard to webi? In this case, you need to create the url in a cell of the excel file in the Dasboard reading the prompt that you have choosen in the dasboard screen.
  • How to add the parameter to the webi link? at webi level use User Response function.

Regards.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

I am using Query Prompt (Date) to filter the data in the dashboard and I am using Open Document URL to pass the date parameter to open the WebI document.

In Open Document URL I am using &lsS[prompt_name]=Date(yyyy,mm,dd) it is working fine when I used it as static date.  But I want to sent the date value in the URL as dynamic.  How can I achieve this?

Please help me out.

Thanks and regards,

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take the date separated as year,month & date in different cell and call them in the syntax what you have written like "&lsS[prompt_name]=Date(yyyy,mm,dd)" -- "&lsS[prompt_name]=Date(A1,B1,C1)".

Pass the year,month & date in the A1,B1 & C1 cells.