cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom details in CTI- Communication Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
We got requirement in IC_Agent business role. In CTI toolbox there 3 boxes one is to display Confirmed account details second is to display user Alerts Third is to display  technical information about the current contact, such as channel, duration, and state. Here we are not using IVR or something so we don't need standard functionality.

In our requirement in Third box(Communication Information) have to display payment details of the confirmed account(Like payment is Active or not).

I found compoent ICCMP_HDR_CNTNT/CommunicationInfoVS, here I could see the blocks. But not sure how can I pass my data to these blocks.

I'm not sure how can achieve my requirement, where to write piece of code.

Is there any class or something that we can enhance and pass our details.

Thanks in Advance,
Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

KBA 2161942 explains how to configure the header.

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,
Thanks for quick response.
I had checked that configurations already. As per my erquirement i can configure only one block but how I can pass custom data to that BLOCK.

Thanks,
Hari

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Were you able to open the KBA - actually it explains how to add on custom component using context area profile to the configuration?

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Yes I have checked the kba.

we can add custom component or we can use existing any of view in the component (ICCMP_HDR_CNTNT) to display my custom data.

But I need to display the custom data after account confirmation. After account confirmation the component(ICCMP_HDR_CNTNT) is not triggering, I enhanced the view(CommChannel) put the break point in controller methods(do_prepare_op, do_init_context) but nothing is triggering.

Thanks.

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I understand, as far as I know this is updated by help of SAM messaging. But I am no developer, so I can not provide further information on that - sorry.

Using Alerts and IDI is no option for you? Actually this is intented to sent important information to the IC agent based on conditions and triggered by event. Here no additional coding is needed.

There is a related thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3743374 also taking about enhancing the context area.

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Using Alerts we can display only in Second(Alert) box, but we need to display in Third(Communication) box only..:)  Given thread is talking about First box only.

But Thanks you did try to sort out.

Somebody ?

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

If it's still relevant.

What can I understand from the discussion are:

1. You do not want to use first box. Which shows confirmed account details. And actually is the most suitable place to show your information (payment details). By the way it's easy to provide the info there. You just need to implement a new class inherited from CL_CRM_IC_CONTEXTAREA and place it into a Class Name field in Context area block of Account Identification profile assigned to your business role.

2. You do not want to use alerts and their alert box which are the second box of the header.

3. You strictly want to show this info in the third box. Communication details box. Which are completely irrelevant to the information you're providing.

So what I'd suggest is to build your own component/view and embed it instead of this Communication details box. Because as far as I understood you do  not actually use CTI integration and do not need any standard information there.

For this (actually this is the same approach which suggested to you referring KBA 2161942 - CRM IC: How to Configure the Layout of an IC business role section 2. Adopt the CRM IC Context Area (IC Header))

1. Create a new BSP component/view in BSP_WD_CMPWB, subscribe to the IC event BP_CONFIRMED ( if_crm_ic_events_con_base=>gc_bpconfirmed) in DO_INIT_CONTEXT method of the view controller, implement IC event handler in the same class (interface IF_CRM_IC_EVENT_LISTENER, method HANDLE_EVENT). On this event populate your data somewhere in this view.

2. Create new layout component in IMG -> CRM -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Layout Components and put your newly created BSP component/view in there.

3. Create new context area profile (IMG -> CRM -> Interaction Center WebClient -> Basic Functions -> Define Context Area Profile) as a copy of standard one and in Assign Context Area Components assign your newly created Component ID to USAGEEXTRA01 (for example; you can use USAGEEXTRA02 or USAGEEXTRA03 as well).

4. Go to BSP_WD_CMPWB and look at ICCMP_HEADER/HeaderViewSet view. Create new configuration of this view as a copy of standard one with the configuration key of your business role. And replace Communication block with VAEXTRA01 (or VAEXTRA02 or VAEXTRA03 - chosse which one you used in step 3). For this press Show Available Fields and then Show Blocks buttons. Save and you're done.

Hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

I have the similar requirement, where I will have to show the more information in communication details box(IVR data) along with the standard data. Is it possible to accommodate the custom data in the same box. I followed your steps:

1.created new BSP component

2. Assigned this component to Layout Component

3.Created(copied from standard) new Context area profile and assigned my component

4. Finally I displayed my assignment block in ICCMP_HEADER/HeaderViewSet view configuration.).

Now my new context area block is visible, but it is getting triggered only once(during login time).

When call is coming IVR, we receive some custom data, which has to be displayed in the custom context area. But my custom component is not getting triggered.

It would be great if you can help me on this.

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks

Pratap Gude

Answers (0)