Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation posting Issue

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help as I am stuck with one issue. User has created the session for posting depreciation via SM35 however, due to certain problem it got stuck and it was showing "In processing" in SM35. It was not getting released as a result the depreciation was not posted. When I checked in TABA table the document number for depreciation is showing  but the gl account doesnot show any line items for posted depreciation.

I have also checked in Fb03 for the posted document which was showing in TABA table but it guiving me error "Document is not in data base. search document archieved". Also we are unable to perform AFAB again due to this error.

So I would lik eto know since we are stuck with depreciation posting for the month of May due to this error so Can someone give me what exactly we need to do to resolve this case as we need to post depreciation for this month.

Useful Comments will be rewarded.

Thanks in Advance

Regards:

JKHAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamshed,

Have you tried to re run the depreciation in restart mode?

Regards,

Mukthar

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

I have tried to re-run the depreciation in test mode but it was giving me other error. stating "Not all the documents in the last posting run were posted" and I have checked that all the deperecaition amount for the last 3 months, the posted amount is same.

Is it possible that I can post the depreciation for this month.

Regards

Jamshed

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamshed,

Have you tried to re run the depreciation in restart mode or repeat mode for the last period?

Regards,

Mukthar

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

DO you means to say that I should continue to run afab with restart mode for this month (5 month) to get the depreciation posted.

Thanks a lot for your helpful comments Mukhtar.

Regards:

Jamshed

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, run it for 5th month in restart mode.

Regards,

Mukthar

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

I have noticed one thing that the depreciation amount has been correctly posted and uits showing in AW01N for all the listed asset, however, When I am checking FBL3N the gl account does not have the line items for the said document.

Document number is also showing in TABA table but when I am checking the document in FB 003 its showing document is not in the databse.

Can you suggest me what should be the possible ways to rectify the issue.

Regards:

Jamshed

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamshed,

As you said the batch input session is in process. So check the session first. If the session is completely run then the system will post accounting document.

Regards,

Mukthar

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Infact what happened is that the system was not allowing to release the batch session in SM35 so the user has cancelled the batch. Now we have found that the GL account has not been posted with the correct amount.

Since the session has already been cancelled and delted so I cannot go ahead and reprocess the same.

Can it be possible that we can delete the entry in the table level and reprocess the same again.

Regards:

Jamshed

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the system is updated in asset module and it is not updated in FI. Hence you have to pass manual JV for this month depreciation by ABF1. Here you have to debit depreciation a/c and for credit acc.dep. first select the posting key 50, select the GL account after that change the posting key 75.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamshed;

it seems that the depreciation run has affected the AA module but did not update results in the GL.

please use the t-code ABST2 which may show u differences between the AA and GL if existing.

Regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

jamshed_khan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I belive If I can recreate the session using AFBD and then If I re-run the session. WIll this allow me to post the account entry in GL account.

Regards:

Jamshed

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamshed,

There is no t.code AFBD in SAP. You have to manually post to GL as mentioned in my last reply.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (0)