cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Today I got my cookie monster avatar picture removed, because someone reported that I was against the ROE:

2 - Be yourself. Provide as much information as you can in your profile. Please use a clear picture of yourself, to put your face with your name. Don't use logos or other graphical content that you copied from somewhere else.  Avoid the use of pseudo names.

Well,  if you check my profile I have a real picture of myself plus all the information there is also real and as I don't have any economic profit using the cookie monster and I don't believe I will ruin the reputation of the Cookie monster or perform any harm to Jim's Henson creation I thought the use of the copryrighted image will fall under the "Fair use" maybe  I dind't understand correclty the "Fair use". What are yout thoughts? No fun? Should I start to look for a lawyer to deal with an incoming Count Von Count sue?

Cheers!

Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically that's right.  Now you could take a picture of yourself standing next to cookie monster(or a cookie monster toy) and that would be allowed. had this same issue when he used Ronald McDonald and quickly switched it to him standing next to Ronald McDonald(which is allowed since it's a photo of Jim).

You are just going to need to be more creative in picking a new avatar.  I purposely chose a picture of a screaming monkey sitting next to a book, because it was fun.

Take care,

Stephen

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I know you're right but still.... no more cookie monster

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not finish yet, plus I have an extra motivation, I hate the default "nerd looking-almond head"avatar! gosh....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks Moshe...

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My avatar was removed too and i lose points.

So, I fully agree with what you wrote and I am so far waiting for a moderation of answer, because they do not understand anything, my picture is there, and my data, and I see many here in SCN with pictures of avatars that are not real and are still those.

Regards,

Raphael Pacheco.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello Raphael,

I understand a thing or two:).

I understand your frustration but whenever we are notified of content violating copyright or not a genuine avatar, we most act.

Thank you for understanding,

Moshe