Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Master Data:-Set G/L Account By.

former_member599281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

In item master Data , Inventory Data TAB having a field Set G/L Account By containing drop down list and holding 3 values i.e. Warehouse , Item Group, Item level even i have attached the screen of same also  . what are these values and when we need to select and what will be the effect on other document if i'm selecting any of these values .

Please Explain me in details .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

These are the method on which you want to post and maitain your inventory valu, if you had set method as

By Warehouse: If you had set this,then u need to MAP GL Account under accounting tab of warehouse,so whenever you post any marketing document the relevant GL Account will hit and system will post the entry.

By Item Group: If your item belongs to different group and u need to trace expense and revenue for particular group(of item), then you need to define the method as by item group and also u need to map GL account under item group setup.

By Item Level: if you had set this method then you need to define GL at the Item Level.

For more details you can refer the Help files.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

former_member599281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i got your point but i want to know that which method is suitable for which industry like (manufacturing , trading , service industry ). and which method i need to suggest to my client .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

For this you need to ask your client, whether he wants to get report for expense and revenue based on Item group, or based on particular warehouse.

accordingly you need to set the method.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

former_member599281
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

BHUSHAN VERMA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

All the G/L Account to be mapped on following three levels in SAP Business One.

1.  Item Level

2.  Item Group

3.  Warehouse

So if you selected the above one of methods all the G/L will be mapped based on that.

Check the below link it may helps you

Item Master Data: Inventory Data Tab - SAP Business One 9.0 - SAP Library

With Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Savesh gupta,

1. ItemLeve --> You can set GL account mapping by item

2. Item Group -> You can set GL account mapping by Item GROUP

3. Warehouse - > You can set GL account mapping by Warehouse wise

Regards,

Chetan Vora