Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Tab to be mandatory field in ME21N and ME22N

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru an Expert,

Would like to check with you guys is there any configuration need to be done in order to have the Partner Tab at the Header of PO to be Mandatory field during PO creation (ME21N) and PO change (ME22N).

Kindly advise.

Thank you

Regards

Leonard Tan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the settings from your screenshot I am actually not able to create a PO without partners.

But for me the whole partner determination process starts with the vendor master.

Here you should as well have your partner roles. And if you setup the partner schema for the account group in a way that VN is required and unchangeable then the vendor number is automatically copied over by default without user interaction to the partner tab. Since it is mandatory it cannot be removed from vendor master. Subsequent it copies from here to the PO. And with the setting you have in place for the PO it cannot be removed there either.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Seems like I am still able to create the PO even I have make the partner function to be a mandatory field in the Partner Schema and assign it to the document type. I leave the partner field empty and PO is created.

Please advise.

Thank you

Regards

Leonard Tan

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jian

For your requirement ,which I understood now ,this field is to be made mandatory in Screen Layout of the document type of the PO .

Dhruba

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhrubacharan,

the mandatory that I mean here is user must key in information and this field cannot be left empty.

Thank you

Regards

Leonard Tan

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Leonard ,

In Define screen layout at Document level of PO by making the field Invoicing party mandatory will compel the user to key in the partner data , but on the other hand if any vendor is not having any partner assignment what will happen to the PO ,have you thought of it.

Regards,

Dhruba

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

not sure and please advise

former_member184631
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jian ,

You can also try screen variant to make it a required field.

Use SHD0 and create a screen variant of the transaction & make the partner function key as mandatory.

Add this scren variant to a transaction variant & activate it.

Once the field is made mandatory by variant , then user will not be able to proceed further without entering function key.

Hope it helps !!

B/r

Sachin

former_member462798
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sachin for the solution, but if there are 1000 user involved and from different department, this is not a good practice when come to authorization assignment.

former_member224245
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leonard,

All of the answers given by my other friends are correct. I am just summarizing the things so that it will be easy for you to take it up in one go.

Step 1 - Go to SPRO--> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Partner Determination -->Partner settings in Purchasing documents --> Define Partner schemas

Step 2 - In this step SAP already ahas provided partner schemas. Select 0002 and click on partner functions in procedure. Select againt all of your partner fucntion for which you want to make this field manadatory like PI, GS, VN etc. Do not forget to select the mandatory files as suggested by Priti.

Step 3 - Go to SPRO--> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Partner Determination -->Partner settings in Purchasing documents --> Assign partenr schemas to document types

Step 4 - Assign your partner schema against the PO dcoument type.

Hope it works for you. Let us know if doesn;t work.

Regards,

SS

kaushal_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create transaction variant and assign it to program.

or

do some workout for Partner determination and implement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check this path: OLME --> Partner Determination --> Enter parter schema

2., Partner determination --> Partner settings in Purchasing doc --> Define Partner schema --> select 002 for PO --> assign mandatory.

3.  Partner determination --> Partner settings in Purchasing doc -->Partner schema for document type.

Create PO and check if it is mandatory.

Regards,

Priti

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your requirement correctly than for this ,partner schema is to be defined and the same is to be assigned to doument type of the PO so that while creating or changing the PO this will be available in PO .Prior to that the vendors partner function is to be assigned .

Dhruba