Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Connecting to ABAP Repository from webIDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i try to import a project from ABAP Repository, it is throwing error

Cannot select the system. Check the configuration for ABAP Development Tools.

I referred this blog.

scn.sap.com/thread/3732614

All my services are activated and added in Cloud Connector. But still i am getting this error.

“/sap/opu/odata”, “/sap/bc/adt” and “/sap/bc/ui5_ui5”.

We are having GW System and ABAP System in separate boxes. And we have configured only GW Server in HCP Destination

But When i create a project from template - i can connect to GW System - get the odata services -  and create and run an app. But cannot connect to ABAP Repository.

1. Should ABAP Server be configured in Destination?

2. Is it because of which i am getting the above error?

Please help.

Thanks,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi,

I have the problem as well. I have ensure that security was properly done for object S_ADT_RES, when I try to access <host>:<port>/sap/bc/adt/discovery it is working and I get the XML file. Unfortunately, when I try from The local SAP WebIDE I get this error. I have attached the destination file for your reference. Also, I put the picture of Google developer tool code check and you can see the error. Do you have any idea why it is not working?

Thank you in advance for your help.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shouldn't the proxy type be "Internet" in local Web IDE?

0 Kudos

The .txt extension needs to be removed. This can be hard to see since the *.txt extension can be attached automatically by the texteditor and might not be visible in the windows file explorer. When saving the destination file with an editor like notepad++ uncheck the "attach extension" checkbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had the same connection issue. Try this:

Transaction SICF -> F8 -> activate Service /default_host/sap/bc/adt

Best Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

This works and also after doing this setting, T will ask for authentication to some different client .

in order to point this to desired client we need to add one more line in Connection Destination file as

sap-client=100

where 100 is the client name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Did you find a solution for this issue?  , Please can you post the solution if it is resolved.

I am facing similar issue when I try to connect sapWebIDE to on premise ABAP system via cloud connector.

Thanks

Krish

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Have you checked your backend configuration? Are you able to reach the discovery.xml directly via the browser?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved when i add the resource path with proper access policy in the cloud connector.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am working on extending the standard Fiori App, for which I have configured the WEB IDE and Cloud connector. But from WEB IDE when I try to connect to my Bank end system I am getting error

"Cannot select the system.Check the configuration for ABAP Development tools"

I have attached a screen print with the error description and also the google chrome console information.

The google chrome console shows error message  /sap/bc/adt/discovery as forbidden error code 403.

Can you help me here..?

Regards,

Naresh

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few things to check:

1. Are you able to download the discovery xml when approaching it directly in the browser without Web IDE? Just try to access <host>:<port>/sap/bc/adt/discovery

make sure you use the same user being used via Web IDE.

If you're getting the forbidden error in this scenario as well then it might be that your user is lacking certain permissions.

2. How is your destination configured in the cockpit? Which authentication method is used? If different than NoAuthentication please set it to NoAuthentication and try then. It might be that your /sap/bc/adt ICF node is configured with specific credentials. If so try to remove it (transacation SICF).

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal!

I'm trying conect to GW system, but I'm getting same error:

"Cannot select the system.Check the configuration for ABAP Development tools"

I do all steps before, but is not working. Can you help me?

Best Regards

Alex

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The error is clearly stated. The resource of /sap/bc/adt/discovery.xml does not exist in your system which means it's not configured. You need to make sure it exists because we at Web IDE need to send a call to get it.

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal!

Thanks for the response. But, how can I active tree for ADT? In my system just has ADT activated.

We don't have nodes inside of ADT.

For example:

/sap/bc/adt/abapdoc/*

/sap/bc/adt/abapsource/*

/sap/bc/adt/abapunit/*

/sap/bc/adt/acm/dcl/*

/sap/bc/adt/activation/*

/sap/bc/adt/discovery

Best Regards

Alex

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid I don't know. You should consult with your backend admin. You should be able to download the discovery.xml in the browser when reaching /sap/bc/adt/discovery.

Until this is resolved you won't be able to use your backend in Web IDE.

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal!

My issue is resolved when i change the file name to some of my system connection name.

Thanks very much for your help!

Best Regards,

Alex Ferreira.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

This error appears because we send a request for /sap/bc/adt/discovery and when we explore the xml we found something is missing.

Can you please execute this call in your system that you configured in Web IDE and attach the discovery.xml?

Thanks,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the response. But i cannot find any file under /sap/bc/adt.

1. Is there some note or configuration to be applied.

2. I cannot find any files or discovery.xml under /sap/bc/adt/.

Please help.

Thanks,

Divya

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly see the prerequisites in our documentation: SAP Web IDE Developer Guide

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We have GW and Abap System are different boxes. Which system we to need to conect to get Abap UI5 repositry information? We have SAP_BASIS 7.40 SP07 on both system.
Also we we have applied all the mentioned notes in the pre-requisites. But still the discovery.xml is missing. Also we are not able to connect to ABAP Repository.

Please help.

Thanks,

Divya

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried setting this url in the browser?

http(s)://<your host and port>/sap/bc/adt/discovery

What do you get when you do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was getting exactly this error and was trying to find a way out.

When i tried your method it showed me that i had no access to Auth_Obj S_ADT_RES

for /sap/bc/adt/discovery.xml

Security gave me that auth obj. and then i was able to see everything fine.

Thanks a lot for the hint.