cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of PM notification when counter reading falls out side the range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have a requirement to set automatic generation of PM notifications when the counter reading posted are out side the normal range. My client wants to be posting oil analysis results in SAP so that a notification is automatically created whenever the posting is outside the agreed range. Kindly assist on which configuration changes i need to do to achieve this

Thanks in anticipation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When Measurement reading are captured in SAP, a Measurement document is posted.

Enhancement IMRC0001 - EXIT_SAPLIMR0_001 is triggered when we post a measurement document.

I used same thing inmy organization if measured value is greater than target value, system triggers notification.But here it will not trigger if any notification is pending.

The requirement is to create Notification in background based on the following conditions

1. In case of quantitative measurement, if updated reading in the measuring document is out side the range specified in Measuring Point master
  2. In case qualitative measurement, if Valuation code  "X’ is updated.

Assumptions of this exit

1. This exit is not applicable if the measurement point is a Counter.
  2. This exit is not applicable if the target value does not exit
  3. System should not generate Notification if the there is one notification already exists for the same object without completed.

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

Pardhu

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assumptions of this exit

1. This exit is not applicable if the measurement point is a Counter.
  2. This exit is not applicable if the target value does not exit
  3. System should not generate Notification if the there is one notification already exists for the same object without completed.

1. Wrong - I myself developed a code for this which works for Measuring point, Counter, Valuation code and in combination of Valuation code. You should have already seen the links posted by me.

2. When the target value does not exist this code misbehaves, which you should take into account while coding by arranging error messages etc.

3. This care you have to incorporate with few lines of code in the exit.

The header Assumptions of  this Exit looks like your local assumptions which are being generalized here. This exit or any other user-exit do not assume things, but provide access to user for customizing needs as per the requirements.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am using same exit and triggering notifications in our org.for all predictive based maintennace

Regards,

pardhu

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may be, but you should not be misguiding the forum with such content.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

The logic i built is

This program is applicable if IMPTT-INDCT is not ‘X’

Case 1.

Program should check if IMPTT-DESIRI is ‘X’, then if IMRG-RECDV is > IMPTT-DESIR for all POINT

Generate Notification

Case 2:

Program should check if IMPTT- CDSUF is ‘X’ and if last character of IMRG-VLCOD is ‘0’, then generate notification.

Thank you sir .

Regards,

Pardhu

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I follow your answers very well everywhere. There is no need to explain the technicalities to cover-up what your said. Re-read your assumptions post and my reply to that.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mutale,

As already hinted, you need to use user-exit IMRC0001 to achieve this. See my reply here about how to?

You can have a Notification trigger on Measuring point Reading and also to the Total counter reading as the case may be, whenever they do not fall under the range specified in the Details section of IK01 / IK02 / IK03.

As said in the link above this is ABAPer centric job, who can also develop a code to trigger Mail (at the time of Notification trigger) to specified persons maintained in a Z-table.(Planner Group vs emailID an example). I refer to one more reply of mine here for more details.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Mutale,

Clarification - you use the word "counter" but in fact, the question is about Measuring Points that are not counters, rather, you want to have an event when the reading is above or below the set limits?

You will have to utilize User Exit IMRC0001

See the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1626328