I have the following layout -

1. Header(Flow Container-Top to Bottom)

1.1TextField1

1.2TextField2

1.3TextField3

1.4Content(Flow Container-Western Text)

1.4.1Text

1.4.2Table

Everything is displaying as expected. Just this issue that when i write a Javascript code (in initialization/form ready/layout ready/calculation, anywhere) to hide the TextField2 when it doesnt have any value, the fields below it should ideally occupy the space rendered empty by TextField2.

But in my scenario, the TextField3 and the succeeding fields remain at their respective places leaving a blank where TextField2 used to be. Kindly throw some light on what i might be doing wrong in terms of designing.

Thanks in advance.

-Vadid Valiulla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadid,

Put all the fields in a subform, Content is flowed.

then write the below java code for the required field, it will work

if(this.rawValue == null)

{

this.presence = "hidden";

Regards

Shony KJ

former_member696081
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vadid,

Are you able to resolve this issue? I am facing the same issue. I kept each field in a subform and the content is flowed and used the below java script to for all fields. I tried different options like keeping all fields in single subform with flowed content, kept each field in different subform with flowed content, tried with fomcalc field is getting hide but the fields below the hidden one are not moving up.

Please let me know if you are able to resolve this issue.

or some one please help me if anything that I am missing.

Java script:

if(this.rawValue == null)

{

this.presence = "hidden";

}

to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadid,

You are almost there ; you need couple more subform / container

Try this,

1. Header(Flow Subform-Top to Bottom)

1.1TextField1(Wrap this into a Positioned-subform, width to occupied full width of 1.Header)

1.2TextField2(Wrap this into a Positioned-subform, width to occupied full width of 1.Header)

In this subform's initialization* event, first try to test and hide this subform, and subform below should moves up when you display the form.

1.3TextField3(Wrap this into a Positioned-subform, width to occupied full width of 1.Header)

1.4Content(Flow Subform-Western Text)

1.4.1Text

1.4.2Table

So sorry to say, I've been quite a while not working on AdobeForm related development plus I do not have LifecycleDesigner to test and confirm on this now.

I believed if you arranged as above and it should work. Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadid,

Use Presence = Hidden then you will not get a blank space for the textfield2. The textfield3 Will not go up if textfield2 is invisible. I hope you must be using invisible instead of hidden. Please check.

Regards,

V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadid

What code are you using to hide the text field?

you should use 'presence = "hidden"/"inactive".

It happened to me in the past and I solved it by wraping each textField with a subform (flowed) and hidding the subform.

Let me know if it works.

Shai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check again whether Object -> Subform -> Content is flowed?

regards.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram Kumar V,

Thanks for the reply. I checked several times and its "Flowed" in the Content attribute for the subform in question.

-Vadid