cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Divide one running total by another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report on sales grouped by salesman. There are 3 running totals 1)      “Ext Cost” which calculates Cost*Quantity Shipped 2)      “Ext Price” which calculates Price*Quantity Shipped 3)      “Ext Profit which calculates “Ext Price” – “Ext Cost” They all reset on the salesman group so that I can see the sales, cost of goods sold and profit per salesman. I want to divide “Ext Profit” by “Ext Cost” to see my profit margin per salesman. I can’t figure out how to do it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying to do this on datawindow, take a look at compute fields. Insert -> control -> compute field. In compute field you can write your equation to get the required data.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mendel,

If you've created the Running Totals via the 'Running Totals wizard' under Field Explorer, then you can create a formula that includes both the Running Totals.

The Running Totals should be visible in the 'Report Fields' in the Formula Editor Window and they're prefixed with a # sign.

-Abhilash

0 Kudos

Could you please ellobrate your solution appreciate your help!!Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Running Totals field has name .So we can access the field value with prefix #.