SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - Automatic Carryforward is only allowed for amount 0 (FMIOI-BTART 0500)?

reburujado
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts

Currently we are facing problems to carryforward a commitment item on Funds Management.

So we are unable to continue the subsequentes process and so on.

Usually, you can carryforward a "document item" from a previous year to the next year

using the transaction FMJ2 when the commitment value is zero (0)

However this time we are facing an inconsistence on table FMIOI

where we found a commitment value = 0.01-

This document item is a purchase requisition (that is also a componente from an internal )

It seems that the original quantity were 60 and when the purchase order were create the quantity were adjusted to 70.

On table FMIOI looks as ammount type 0500 - Adjustment by follow-on document

Therefore there the commitment is not adjusted at all (0.01) and then we are not able to do the carryforward.

Do you have any idea about why we cannot made a carryforward?

Of course, we know there is a 0.01 and that's the reason

Why we get this result?

How can we fix this issue, is there a standar report to adjust the commitment value?

Many thanks for your help

*We already create a OSS to understand how we get this 0.01- value on the FMIOI table as a result

but ironically, they ask me to replicate the scenario!

I would really like to replicate the scenario

but we did not have any clue about how we get this values

Best regards

Fernando Luna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two points:

a) Why do you carry-forward commitment, which has zero value? Do you change FM assignment during carry-forward? Because, this could be the only reason explaining this.

b) Adjustment on follow-on document could happen from exchange rate valuation. As I can see the commitment is not made in local currency. You can, of course, modify FMIOI (and reconstruct the totals via FMAF and FMAVCREINIT transactions) and solve this one cent issue. You can equally try to execute FMN3N on this PR to see if the amounts are getting aligned.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two points:

a) Why do you carry-forward commitment, which has zero value? Do you change FM assignment during carry-forward? Because, this could be the only reason explaining this.

b) Adjustment on follow-on document could happen from exchange rate valuation. As I can see the commitment is not made in local currency. You can, of course, modify FMIOI (and reconstruct the totals via FMAF and FMAVCREINIT transactions) and solve this one cent issue. You can equally try to execute FMN3N on this PR to see if the amounts are getting aligned.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli, Thanks for your support

a) The system display two error messages: "Automatic carryforwad is only allowed for amount 0" FMFCF101 and then "Document Item 10020504/00070 has not yet been carried forward to the current year" (2015) FI228.

Maybe I need to focus to look up how can I carry forward the 0.01- value. to the next year (2015).

And stop wondering why is not zero for an automatic one.

b) I check the transaction suggested but it does not seem related.

New clues

I still does not have clues about this 0.01- difference gets from but I found a new field on FMIOI table.

In this table I have this data records:

Amount Type (FMIOI-BTART): 0500 - Adjustment by Follow On Document

And

Complete Indicator (FMIOI-ERLKZ): F - Reduced

According with SAP documentation when the document item is equal to F (reduced by follow-on document) or it is flagged as completed X the commitment line item is not longer selected for the commitment carryforward.

As comparision the document item 10020504 / 60 can be carryfowards due is an open item

But 10020504 / 70 has a F indicator

It is possible to remove this indicator since it still bein an open item 0.01- ?

And how can be this done?

Does not confuse F indicador (reduce) with X indicator (complete) indicator.

The X indicator it is already marked on the follow on documents (purchase order) but not on the purchase requisition (is empty and is impossible to mark).

I think the real problem is that the 0500 F reduction operation does not work properly!

213.29 vs. 213.30-

Best Regards

Fernando Luna

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said, I'd first try and reconstruct PR via FMN3N. If it does not help and you encounter some collateral troubles due to the fact that this PR is not carried-forward (I wonder which one, unless you use chain carry-forward concept) then you can manually modify FMIOI table. This is not a crime You can either set the indicator or update the amount (with sequential execution of FMAF and FMAVCREINIT as I mentioned before).

0500 could be working in a distorted way when it comes to exchange rate difference. You can try and revaluate relevant PO via FM_REVALUATION_PO transaction and see if it helps. 

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thanks I will test it and let you know

0 Kudos

hi  there is same problem ,so i want to know ,Do you have been solved the problem ?